Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

update request to IEDR

Options
  • 25-08-2002 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

just a quick question.

when you're submitting an update request to the irish domain registry do you have to include all details, even if you aren't updating them?

I'm not sure what exact billing contact to use, it would be a lot of effort to find out who to put in for that. I just want to leave it at whoever it is at the moment.

Can you just leave that information out altogether if you're not updating that part?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

No you must include all details even if youre only updating some of them, like nameservers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There's a 'wizard' on their site to make it a little easier:
    http://www.domainregistry.ie/register/modify.html

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

I've had the inconvenience of being in this situation before too. I simply left out the "contacts" I did not want changed (because I didn't know their addr, ph, fax etc.) and sent in the email and fax to authorize it. They then contacted me because it was incomplete. When I said I did not want to change the details they simply filled in the blanks and processed it. You can always ring them up if you have any questions, they can be fairly helpful.

Advertisement