Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobo manuals

• 25-08-2002 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

im looking for a manual for me AMD K6-2 533MHZ motherboard, cant find one..i just need a pic of something to see where the jumpers are on it...anyone help?

<edit> tried amd.com but nothin there </edit>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Right, the amd k6-2 533mhz is your cpu. This cpu sits into the motheboard, a completely different entity. There are about 1000000 different motherboards which will take this chip, so maybe you could have a look at the board, try and get some identifying marks like a model number. Or you can look at the bios string, this is the long number down at the bottom of the screen when you first switch the computer on.

Then follow the instructions here , and you should be able to find the manufacturer of the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

thanks Gerry :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I found the BIOS Wizard download very handy. I wanted to know the make of my Gateway mobo.

For the record, my mobo is an Intel 440BX/ZX rev 3

With a BIOS named PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0 licensed to Intel dated 11/02/99

Useful piece of info!

mine is still currently unknown..but im working on it hehe, bleedin Compaq trash :p

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You should try BIOS Wizard then. It's only about 500kb download and you don't need to restart to see what your BiOS/mobo is;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Ruu, a great utility for finding out the informaition on almost everything in your system... SANDRA (no not my techwiz GF :P )

www.download.com

search for 'sandra', download it and install. Its comprehensive and free, i only found it the other day and it tells you makes, models etc etc etc

irishbyte, tried all those on the mobo ID tools :) no luck, i think its Compaqs attempt to foil me hehe, stubborn pc .

Dave|STaN, ive been looking for Sandra, so ima jus gonna download it, thot i had it on disk..i used it before and its pretty good, Self Analyzing something diagnostic..something or another hehe :) thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...have you tried getting your model/serial number, going to the Compaq web site with that information? I've found information on even older PCs than that (original K6's) using this method.

Try this page on the Compaq US site. There's a link to a downloadable program that'll tell you (assuming you're running an MS OS) what's under the hood.

Gadget.

i found it with Sandra, thanks for the link tho :)

well the reason i needed to know the type of mobo was to find some sort of help or manual to help me switch the jumpers on the mobo to get it from 366 back to 533 and i after getting lack of satisfaction with pc world coming out to fix it.. i decided to have a look meself and nothing all the numbers and letters on the mobo..some corresponding to 97...which was the 533/97mhz im presuming so i switched the jumper to that and it worked hehe, there was also a lead going to my other 2 usb hubs stuffed under the motherboard and the inner case(talk bout shoddy computer workers in pc world :p), and i plugged that in the usb2 pins, its easy when u just look and think bout it :) jus thot id share my happiness with everyone :) captain i believe i am feeling...happiness :D thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Originally posted by Ruu
    i decided to have a look meself and nothing all the numbers and letters on the mobo..some corresponding to 97...which was the 533/97mhz im presuming so i switched the jumper to that and it worked hehe, there was also a lead going to my other 2 usb hubs stuffed under the motherboard and the inner case(talk bout shoddy computer workers in pc world :p), and i plugged that in the usb2 pins, its easy when u just look and think bout it :) jus thot id share my happiness with everyone :) captain i believe i am feeling...happiness :D thanks all

Nice one! Its a damn good feeling when you sort out a problem yourself. Now in future you'll be more willing to just dive in and have a look. If only more people would follow your example :)

Advertisement