Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1 - Mid Season 6 Finale

Options
  • 25-08-2002 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭

Just finished watching 6x11 Prometheus, and it's excellent! 4 or 5 months to wait for Sky1 to catch up and show part 2...grr :( Dont read the next bit if you dont want to know what happens. ;)
    Well the press learns of the X303 (ship from Nightwalkers), and in order to stop a reporter from breaking the story, they decide to give them a tour of the ship. Soon the camera crew take over the ship, trap Carter and hold Jonas and the reporter at gunpoint. They demand the release of Simmons and Adrian Conrad or they blow the hyperdrive.....of course they are released, and the ship takes off. O'Neill & Teal'c chase after it in a glider and dock in orbit. In the meantime, Carter escaped and disabled the sublight engines, but Conrad has been busy and got the hyperdrive operational. Conrad attacks Simmons, who then shoots Conrad. When O'Neill and Teal'c go looking for Simmons, they find him, with the glowing eyes, but luckily there was an airlock nearby, and O'Neill opens it, and that's the last of him! Carter then says that she has no idea where they are as someone didnt account properly for the instability of Naquadriah. Instead of leaving at that, an Asgard ship appears (new design, like 'The O'Neill'), and Thor beams onto the bridge of the X303, and informs them that the Asgard home planet has been overrun with Replicators, and that he needs the assistance of them and their ship.........to be continued....

Brendan.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Not had a chance to see it yet, only just watched 6x10 Cure. Not sure if i want to tho, being left hanging for several months really sucks :/

Ok, just watched it.
    I found the episode a bit disappointing. There were a lot of things i didn't like about it.

I have difficulty accepting that they could build a starship with anti-gravity generators, inertial dampeners, etc. Pretty big leap from the tech of season 4 and so on. And that the ship's interior looked like something out of Star Trek didn't really help. I hate it when Stargate gets Star Treky.

The camera crew taking over the ship so easily was a bit silly i thought aswell. Can't say i liked any of the casting either, the female lead reporter was good but her boss was awful, the female computer nerd seemed totally wrong for the role, and the the er, bad camera guy was over the top aswell.

There was no build up & climax in the ep, it just plodded along. oh look theres Simmons and Conrad dead!, oh heres the Asgard!, etc. Felt like the Asgard thing was just tacked on as an afterthought so the Sci-fi channel could leave the viewers hanging on wanting more.

I thought it was mildly entertaining due to the various special effects, bit of a no-brainer action ep. Descent was better than it in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LoneWulf

I saw the so called season ending... There are too many different changes... From the first 5 seasons, is this really possible??:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I thought that the ship was the one from Nighwalkers, or if not, where did it come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Damn you and your spoilers tempting me to find out what is going to happen!!!!

/me runs away screaming

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bkehoe
    I thought that the ship was the one from Nighwalkers, or if not, where did it come from?
    Nah as far as i know they were building it before that, at least that was suggested in the episode and i think the 303 might have been mentioned in Redemption, i could be wrong tho. If it was Goa'uld built, it looked strangely human :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Remember that the nightwalker guo'ulds were using human tech to build the ship. I think that at the end of Nightwalkers they said they were sending the ship to Area51, which is in the desert, so there's a chance its the same ship. Most of what was said to the journalist was rubbish anyway, e.g. finding a ship in Alaska, but then you'd have to wonder where did the trimium came from. As Jacob would say 'they slapped a us airforce sticker on the side of it' and called it the x303. ;)
    BTW, what do you think the chances are that Anubis found the planet first (explaining his ability to use the stargate destroyer thing) and thats where he got all his advanced tech, and he destroyed the planet when he got all the stuff from it? :)

Advertisement