Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Take My Eyes Off You.. Anyone?

Options
  • 25-08-2002 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Ok so this is driving me BATTY. I used to know the answer to this but I forgot. Anyways.. Who sings the song with the lyrics "can't take my eyes off you".. then it ends with him muttering "until I find somebody new"?

It's a really pretty, floaty song & I love it but it's driving me farkin' crazy. I'm singing it all the time & dunno who it's by. Grrrrrrrrr.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Burt Bachrach and billions more ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Noooooo it's not that one. Not that easy listening, smooth schtuff. It's a recent song by an Irish singer. He used to be a member of another band but he's released a solo album.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Damien Rice sings it, it's called Blowers Daughter, from the album 'O'.

It's excellent, go buy it!

Thank You! Oh good god almighty THANK YOU.

I had it before but my brother nicked it then he swanned off to Australia with it in tow so I completely lost track of it.

Yep it's excellent. Beautiful. Stunning. Amazing. Bittersweet.

In conclusion: Thank You!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

I knew that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I just want to congratulate you on your avatar, combined with the name its genius :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

what are you getting at?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Shane
    what are you getting at?

Dustaz trying to get in the queue first for the popping.

Dirty old man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

great song that, you should try to check him out live, he's greet.

www.damienrice.com is his addy, there's a few song dl's there *legal* and everything from his album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

if ya like damien rice then try getting yer hands on some juniper stuff...he was in juniper along with bellx1...and they have earlier versions off a lot of the songs from O and a lot of the songs he does live - -the professer, woman like a man, me my yoke and i...loads more...brilliant!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

get the album not just the single, he fu*kin rocks and whens he playin in limerick or cork next??saw him at witneess ****in rocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 morticia

like damo... you'd love the frames easily the besy irish band ever... playing in whelans tonight should be brilliant

don't forget mundy who is also excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

Originally posted by morticia
    like damo... you'd love the frames easily the besy irish band ever... playing in whelans tonight should be brilliant [/QUOTE

it was only glen on his lonesome as far as i know...

also i like damo rice but dont like the frames...and i dont think they the best irish band...mundy is brilliant though...one of the best song writers i've ever hearrrd...

my favourite irish act at the mo are turn...check em out if ya havent already...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Well thats a pile of horse crap...:)

The Frames are easily the best Irish...no sorry best band anywhere at the moment....

As great as turn, are methinks the frames are better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

I’m so tired of this “The frames are holier then thou” bull S@*t that has been going on for so long! Yes they are a good band but don’t you think they self proclaim just a little too much? I’ve been to see them live so many times and more often then not Glen ends up ranting from stage about how fantastic they are for paving the way for Irish rock music and aren’t they so great coz they’re doing it themselves and not tied to a record deal!

Well there are plenty of people out there that would love to have the opportunity of a record deal… yea sure it would be great if we could all do it on our own but not all of us have that option.
    Glen tends to forget him self while on his soap box…...I was at one gig last year where the same proclamation about it being “great to not have a record deal” was being delivered and how much money was being made on each CD sold compared to the “poor suckers” that get stuck with a record deal – David Kitt then came on stage and had to advise the audience that he was perfectly happy with the fact that he was a “poor sucker” with a record deal regardless of the money he was making!
    I’m sorry but when I pay 12euro for a ticket to see a gig I don’t want to be ranted at… I want to be entertained.
    And as for paving the way… come on …The Hot house flowers, Lir, Something happens, Aslan are these names we’ve all forgotten…..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Originally posted by Saint Something

Well there are plenty of people out there that would love to have the opportunity of a record deal… yea sure it would be great if we could all do it on our own but not all of us have that option.

????
    What do you mean "have the option"?
    They took a huge chance when they released "For the Birds" on their own. It wasn't like they could easily afford it.
    And as far as i remember they couldn't even afford to release a single until they toured.

They're totally entitled to feel proud of themselves for releasing an album themselves. They'd had the pressure of record deals before with Fitzcarraldo and Dance the Devil, and were dropped twice i think.

I've been to a rake of their gigs and never once heard him say anything about them 'paving the way'.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    I just want to congratulate you on your avatar, combined with the name its genius :)

Haha. Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I’m so tired of this “The frames are holier then thou” bull S@*t that has been going on for so long! Yes they are a good band but don’t you think they self proclaim just a little too much? I’ve been to see them live so many times and more often then not Glen ends up ranting from stage about how fantastic they are for paving the way for Irish rock music and aren’t they so great coz they’re doing it themselves and not tied to a record deal!

Yes!! It's about time that a Frames backlash began! I am so sick of Glen's ego and BS, this is coming from a huge Frames fan who has seen them live 7 (i think) times. You're right, Glen does seem to berate anything that is considered popular music or culture for that matter. I think he is just bitter. If you ask me it is him and his clique of Rice, Mundy etc that is stopping new bands being introduced.

A new album will be coming out soon, i am hoping to see some innovation.
    The Hot house flowers, Lir, Something happens, Aslan are these names we’ve all forgotten…..

I think these are names best forgotten!

It doesn't matter anyway because Fred are the future of Irish music, and according to their site they are playing in the Half Moon soon!

Ps Glen sucks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement