Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I did an insanely asshole-ish thing yesterday...

Options
  • 25-08-2002 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

I betrayed the trust of someone who has trusted me with some of their biggest secrets, I didn't divluge their biggest secrets but just some not-so-big ones that are still stuff I have no business passing on. I told another friend, not for any real reason other than just in conversation. Yeah, that was a mega assholeish thing to do. I'm not looking for an ego boost where you guys say I amn't an asshole 'cos that doing that was an insanely asshole-ish thing™. Basically, most of you are good people... do you ever do asshole-ish things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

i do assholish things ALL the time. go us!
    WE BEG FORGIEVENESS FROM THOSE WE HURT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Yeah, but being an asshole is not a good thing. Well, it is but it depends on the person... me and Dermo for examples, we can be assholes to each other without really caring 'cos we are just excellent friends and such... hell, he made me run into a tree yesterday. This person though, I'd like them to be an excellent friend one day but we're not yet and I don't really wanna **** it up 'cos they're really cool and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

As someone who isn't a good person but knows quite a few, I'm going to say that it's okay and somewhat forgiveable to be an asshole every so often once you don't make a habit of it. Good people screw up, people make mistakes and do things they later regret, it happens, you learn from what you've done, you move on and grow because of it. Or something.

Indeed. Your sig ****ing rocks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Seeing you run into the tree was one of the most hilarious things you did. NOt in some sadisitc way. And you forgot Dermo kicked you in the nuts too. oh, and the ninja death-rolls. And "interrupting" the happy couple.

• Advertisement

Yeah, he did kick me in the nuts didn't he... haha! That was brilliant, so were the death rolls, it was just general brilliance! And I met Theresa.

Edit: it appears this was my 500th post... kinda odd it invloves me being kicked in the nuts, an indirect reference to Dermo and a direct reference to Theresa. I must ponder the current state of my life.

yes. 'twas fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Everyone does stupid things, they are what makes us us.

I do stupid things all the time, and i have done for years, i dont mean to. :(

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Big Stick

Trust me, time heals all wounds. I've done some daft **** and had some daft **** done to me... and now I'm taking pills! :rolleyes:

Kidding, but eventually your friend will forgive; or forget. I hope you forgive, because forgetting simply causes problems in the long term.

And, at the risk of giving you an ego boost, it may not have been an assholish thing to do. We all make mistakes, that doesn't make us assholes. Unless of course you intended to divulge those secrets, in which case you're more than an asshole.

So, either way, you aren't an asshole.

Things will get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

The fact that you feel bad about it makes you not an asshole.
    Plus you seemed like a non-asshole to me.
    Feel better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

if i don't like a person,i'm pretty blunt about it."you're a wanker" is a typical éadaoin phrase at school.we have a lot of them.in my year,at least.i spose that's a bit asshole-ish.i'm sure i'm up to all sorts of other less-than-nice things,just can't think of any particular examples.oh!i hit a spabitchhoewanker over the head with a hardback copy once cos she was consistently horrible.she cried.i laughed.tralala

My friend set a grils hair on fire. That was fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

that is possibly the dumbest thing i've ever heard you say garog.

i tend to do dumb things a fair bit. not as much as i used to though. i said/did some d4mn stupid things at CTYI last year, as fie, and pretty much any other james-bellians or e-commerce people can testify. (PS. am i forgiven fio??)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by WhereIsMyMind
    (PS. am i forgiven fio??)

yes :)

<< Fio >>

HOw is it dumb to revel in other's pain and misery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

i will refrain from commenting.

woo-hoo! forgiveness!! if only all the other people would do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

BOB! How could you reveal stuff... thats mean. Most of the asshole-ish stuff I've done has affected me more than others, least in the long run... I have a great abilty to screw up my life...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Revealing stuff can turn into a big mess. Like the time I told a friend of mine that aother friend was gay and then suddenly EVERYONE knew. That was quite awful espacially when the friend in question desided that she wasn't gay after all. But, BUT we're still friends and we even laugh about it now.
    Which just goes to show that you can be as horrible as you like and still have friends.
    YAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

yes, laughing when things go wrong (and you have no control over them) is probably one of the best things you can do. laugh maniacally, sarcastically, whatever u wish. it does help. YAY.
    and we can all do asshole-ish things. it's how we feel afterward that determine if we ARE one or not. (or at least that's what i tell myself!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

The main times I do assholish things is when I'm feeling quite awkward in social settings <hence me being manic when i get into crowds or when there's a long silence>. Or when i kinda work out hatred of world. then i'm an asshole simply to be an asshole.

I'm not a nice person. But people love me. So life is good. ;p

• Advertisement

There is something funny in every situation.

Here is the part where you present insanely awful situations and I make crude, probably tasteless jokes about them and then procede to completely invalidate any arguments you make for your case with a succint "shut the fsck up". Now, repeat after me: There is something funny in every situation.

Yes Bob, it's hilarious when planes crash in to internationally reognised sybols of power and kill thousands.( I actually did find it hilarious)

Not hilarious... but vaguely funny when you consider the thought of thousands of hours of men's work being toppled by two 'planes and a few insane people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

The thing i never understand is why some of the sweetest and nicest people i know consider themselves assholes most of the time.....

It seems to happen a lot.

Neil... if you greet them like you greet me, I wouldn't be surprised. :)

I dunno, some of the nicest people I know think they're assholes aswell... I think it's just 'cos they actually care about how they treat people. Yeah, people like that are in the minority. The first line of Green Day - Minority comes to mind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Too true bob. <Adopts bob as lil brother cause bob knows what's goin on>

What I want to know is how they got that many humans killed when the majority of people in those towers were probably attorneys and CEO's etc.?

... enough jokes. <minutes silence>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

attorney's and CEOs...yeah...over here in the usa a lot of us like to refer to the CIA as the Central Idiots Association. (cause they're just that reliable.)
    but u are right. enough jokes for the moment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

Central Idiots Association... i should tell niall that... he renamed the US the United Society of Assholes... and he was their representative in the MUN!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

oh come on, that's not all that assholy, but make sure you tell that perhaps-excellent person what you said, cos if it gets back to them they'll be well p1ssed. then where will ya be, huh, huh??

asshole-ish things lisa has done-

dislocated someones nose

made someone at CTYI bleed accidentally while hyper and carried away. i can't remember who it was. i think it was co-ordinated jennifer. if it was then i obviously am, cos she's so sweet.

told someone her uncle was a fat bastard. (fyi, didn't know it was her uncle)

sang; 'who ate all the pies? you fat bastard you fat bastard',

about my boss, only to discover he was standing behind me.

told a co-worker i was pregnant with his baby (it's one of those
    long running private joke) while my boss was standing behind me.

said '****in bastard i should hock up in his food' about a customer...while my boss was standing behind me.

said 'don't let that fella buy ya a drink cos he's icky icky slimy slimy'...while said fella was listening and not even behind me, but i thought i was whispering.

make ya feel better bob?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CTYI DJ

Originally posted by OrangeRhino
    I betrayed the trust of someone who has trusted me with some of their biggest secrets, I didn't divluge their biggest secrets but just some not-so-big ones that are still stuff I have no business passing on. I told another friend, not for any real reason other than just in conversation. Yeah, that was a mega assholeish thing to do. I'm not looking for an ego boost where you guys say I amn't an asshole 'cos that doing that was an insanely asshole-ish thing™. Basically, most of you are good people... do you ever do asshole-ish things?

*waves fist in anger*

Advertisement