Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVD Conundrum.

Options
  • 25-08-2002 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Ok,so those of you who have read the IWW video situation post will know that i went into town today(sunday 25th) and ended up still without my IWW video,but i did find an interesting discovery.Last week while in HMV in swords i noticed an ECW video called "Born to be WIRED" or something like that.I thought it looked cool,checked out the price,and guess how much it cost......40euro!!!!And remember,this is on VHS,there was another video there for 49:99,it was unbelievable.but today,i went into the HMV on Grafton street and made an amazing discovery,i found a large selection of wrestling DVD's.And they were all priced at 29:99,every single one.I even found the DVD version of the title i had seen last week on video "Born to be WIRED".So why the hell is the video 40 euro while the dvd is 29:99.It makes no sense!is it some sort of special video that will bring me contention and happiness and stop these ****ing mood swings!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

That's very strange :P

You should have gotten born to be wired, that PPV rocks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Didnt think born to be wired was that good to be honest. its a messy situation over here with ecw dvd,s. the supplier of ecw, (Delta Music) doesnt supply dvds to the irish board of censors so all the dvds are censored by the british censors and then shipped over here again, for some reason to get a video or dvd that hasnt been censored by the irish board costs a lot more as theres a lot more tax or something. thats right if i remember correct:)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

taxes my arse - HMV know that they have a monopoly on the ECW market as they a using a loop hole to sell ECW vis in the first place and are charging over the odds as they know people have no alternative but to pay their prices - this really kicked in with the euro changover - the went from charging the usual pound per vid which was translated to 25 punt and change to 34 euro and knew they could swindle people and then when this scam worked they begann uping the prices of the dvds to 39 euro - this despite both videos and dvds have a retail price of £14.99 st - and then in the last few months they have upped the videosa to the same hyped 39 euro price - though ive seen that new dvds are being priced at 30 euro - a lot less but still over the odds while the videos have remained at 39 euro

the other option is to buy your dvds on the net - i payed 35 euro (free p+p) for bot extreme evolution and path of destruction at splashdvd.com - though please note that one of the dvds has yet to arive after 3 weeks due to stock shortages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ahh..;) The wrestling market in ireland isnt big enough for them to try and control a market lol, i remember reading somewhere it was about teh censorship board alright, (what i said in the earlier post):)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

a note to anyone goint in to town to get the video - fp are sold out and when i went in to templecom there were only two videos letf on the shelf (and i got one of them) so mabey you should ring and ask them to keep you a copy (if there are any left) before going in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Slane

ARGH!God,why do you mock me so!!!!!!All i want is one damn video is that too much to ask!ARGH!If i dont get this video tomorrow when i go in i am going to kill one hobo for every extra day i have to wait.I mean it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RoseanneC

Wrestling dvds, videos and books
    Hi,

I am trying to get sell a load of wrestling dvds, videos and books and am wondering where is the best place to sell them? Is there a dedicated site or shop where I can offload them.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Whats with resurrecting ancient threads? Use eBay or Adverts

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Closing a zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement