Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Appeals..

• 26-08-2002 10:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Just 1 question really,
    How long to appeals take?
    I appealed my maths result and I want to know when I'll get it back, anyone do it last year or know how long it takes?
    Thanks!

C.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They're usually quite prompt, within 2 weeks or so. Did you go and views your scripts before spending your cash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

No...

I couldn't because I'm away from home for the whole summer and probably beyond.. so I couldn't go home to my school during working hours to look at them. :(

C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I sent in for a appeals about 2 days after I got my results, still aint heard anything from my school. Should they of contacted me by now ?

The start-date for appeals, on the internet anyway, was last Tuesday.
    So maybe thats when they started the appeals process for you. So according to what Seamus said, you should hear back from them around the same time as myself, about 2 weeks from last tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I was told by my skool that I get the appeal forms the day I go and view my scripts.
    I'm still waiting on that form to be returned cos tis this weekend...Fri & Sat 30 & 31

I had heard that the results o the appeals wont be know till October.
    Anyone know if thats accurate???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

depends on the appeal, there is 2 rounds of them.
    But the first i think is mid-september to october if i recall last years correctly..............

and yea i'm still waiting on that slip to say when view scripts is on

And what happens if you go up enough points for a different course ? Do you have to wait another year ? Do you get into the course ? You would miss a good bit of it right ? That would be ****e I'm looking forward to freshers week :)

Originally posted by damnyanks
    And what happens if you go up enough points for a different course ? Do you have to wait another year ? Do you get into the course ? You would miss a good bit of it right ? That would be ****e I'm looking forward to freshers week :)

Seems a point pointless to try get into the whole college routine after missing out on the induction week.

I'm off to the states regardless o the result o meh appeals [3 o them! :p]
    I'm hopeful I can get the results upgraded enough for me to get my course next year butt then again, the States may be too good to leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I got irish appealed, haven't heard anything yet but i don't really care cos i got the course i wanted.. =D

Yeah, they normally let you in, regardless. If you get exactly the right no of points, and it was a lottery for people getting in, you won't get in tbh. Anyway, there's nothing special about freshers week, except for free food and beer.

Last year, *every* week was fresher's week for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I heard of a guy last year who got something rechecked and started Comp Sys in UL in week 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Anyway, there's nothing special about freshers week, except for free food and beer.

Sorry, free food and free beer. And that isn't special?

script review'n is boring, i went in looked at one of mine, got bored in 2 secs(i got too bored to look back over me papers in the actual exam, and guess what it wasn't anymore interesting this time round...) . Applied maths was the only interesting paper, 2 mistakes in da whole paper.........(297 marks) tho my Q10 was utterly brutal, got 37marks for it or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Viewing scripts tonight, had my physics teacher go through my script with a fine-tooth comb. He said the marker really ****ed up and that on upgrade I should go from A2 to A1. :P Saw my accounting, maths and english scripts too, nothing of note but found out I got 98% on maths, me v.happy.
    Have to go back to the knackerhole on mon to get appeal forms, yargh. The supervisor forgot to bring them today, duhhhhh.

Saw my tests today the history was a real shocker! I got a C2 overall but only did 2 good questions I got full marks on section B and E the rest were border line pass or high E

I love you Sean LeMass!! And yes I can't remember a thing about him anymore!

Originally posted by Man U babe
    Viewing scripts tonight, had my physics teacher go through my script with a fine-tooth comb. He said the marker really ****ed up and that on upgrade I should go from A2 to A1. :P Saw my accounting, maths and english scripts too, nothing of note but found out I got 98% on maths, me v.happy.
    Have to go back to the knackerhole on mon to get appeal forms, yargh. The supervisor forgot to bring them today, duhhhhh.

well good luck with yer review, the physics papers seemed to have been marked very oddly alright. Nicely done in maths also.

I rang the section of the Department of Education this morning to ask how long it takes to get your appeal back.
    The kind lady didn't know so went off and asked someone. She told me that the closing date for appeals is tomorrow and that on wednesday they will start getting the papers rechecked. So chances are it'll be fcukin october before we get them back. No use for me I needed mine back sharpish.
    Idiots.

[Edit] Oh and, just because I appealed mine the minute the appeals facility was available online, doesnt mean mine will be one of the first to be done either. How nice is that.[/Edit]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

According to my teacher it'll be mid-october, I still don't understand what will happen if your in a course by then...makes no sense

Anyone heard anything back yet?
    I haven't had anything from the lazy shower of fcuks yet.
    Grr. :mad:

Yeah I sent 4 off, the longer it takes the less chance of me changing course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭embraer170

Any update??? This is really getting annoying at this stage.

No change for me:(
    ****ed now anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I got me upgrade.
    Physics A2 -> A1.
    me dead chuffed, but I already had me first choice.
    How'd the rest of y'all do?

Congrats Man U Babe. That change is one of the hardest to get. Reading the paper yesterday, it seems pretty good. Around 30% of the results were marked up, and the rest were left unchanged. Apparently, 8 unlucky b@stards were marked down. That would suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭strawberry

Got chemistry upgraded, yay! If it had been any other subject I would have left it but damn you, I deserved that A1 in chemistry. When do we get our 33euro back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Man U babe
    I got me upgrade.
    Physics A2 -> A1.
    me dead chuffed, but I already had me first choice.
    How'd the rest of y'all do?

Why did you bother getting a re-check over half a grade? How can you be that sure you got those extra few marks? *scratches head*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Got my Physics appeal there yesterday. C1 to a B2, the first examiner must have been asleep, ah well that's put my anger at rest. If only I could appeal again I'd have an A2 and again A1 yesssss. Anybody notice the way most people that appealed actually got upgraded, I find it disturbing that so many grades were actually incorrect...

Anybody notice the way most people that appealed actually got upgraded,

I wouldn't say most...:(

Sorry Kaimera :eek: Just quite a few people I know got upgraded, especially from my old school, but I think we got some riciculously <speculation> drunk </speculation> examiners the first time round, well that's the only explanation I can think of anyway.

• Advertisement

Sorry I'm only replying to this thread at this late stage, havent been around in a while.
    I got my appeal back a few weeks ago too, ba$tards didnt upgrade mine - no change :/
    Oh well, re-sitting of maths next year is on the cards for me.
    Well done to all who actually got upgraded.

C.

Advertisement