Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another night in....a pat on the back for whoever guesses this right

Options
  • 26-08-2002 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

right, this is a song that was played on phantom probbaly about 1999. its called another night in, and i will do my best to write out the lyrics

rats are in the kitchen, scratching, whispering my name and laughing,edging up the hall into my bed
    faces on the walls are screaming, drifting out accross the celing, dropping off and falling in my head
    im all alone they cut the fones but then again theres no one left to ring
    theres gonna be no peace until the bones break through my skin
    another night in, another night in
    dunno the next line of the chorus but it goes on...
    another night in, another night in
    woah, the skeleton is waiting in the wings of a skeleton grin, oh no, coz i dont know where he stops and i begin

one hundred million bugs are crawling in and out of every opening up and down and over me all night
    looking through my old scrap book, i search in vain for pleasant memory, tearing out my hair till it gets light,
    all alone, im *black* to groan, my epitaph, i regret everything
    its gonna be no sleep until the bones break through my skin

another night in etc...

the lyrics look a bit metally, its not!, its actually a nice piano-guitary song, medium-fast tempo, quite upbeat musically.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

hey,
    pretty sure that was the tindersticks - they had a song called another night in... off their 1997 album methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

doesnt sound like the lead singer....unless tindersticks and the tindersticks are 2 different bands...but thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

It's "Another night in" by Strangelove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭threefour

sure is.

Advertisement