Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole trader

Options
  • 26-08-2002 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

I am trying to get registerd as a sole trader int the UK as I have a few projects to do in Belfast ( where I am from) although I live in Dublin... I have look the inland revenue web site for the link to the forms with no luck..... any one got any ideas ????

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

you dont need to register as a sole trader in the uk,what you will need to do though is get a self assesment tax form,your accountant should be able to sort that out for you.
    Also you'll need to register for VAT if your turnover exceeds a certain limit again your accountant should be able to sort that out.

Might find this site worth a browse
    http://www.bcentral.co.uk/admin/starting/soletraderpartnerfaq/What_is_the_legal_status_of_a_partnership.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by paddyc
    I have look the inland revenue web site for the link to the forms with no luck..... any one got any ideas ????

[No sarc intended...]
    Have you tried to phone them !?

Advertisement