Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No teletext on TV3 on Sky.

• 26-08-2002 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,
    there is no teletext on TV3 on Sky, for me anyway, is it happening to more people ? i reset my Digibox i.e plugged it out for 5 mins, and that didnt work, i tried a forced software download and that didnt work either, so please help ? . Maybe TV3 themselves are blocking the service i dont know maybe somebody here do.

Also what is the interactive card slot on front of my Digibox for ? my digibox is a pace,

Regards Culchie Boy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

There were some people here who were having trouble with teletext a while ago. I am not sure what the cause was.

If you do a search for "mondex" on these boards you will find out what the planned use for the interactive slot was for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Threetext is working just fine.

Have you remembered to press the "TV" button before pressing the text button - otherwise it's trying to access a digital text service that doesn't exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by Charles Slane
    Threetext is working just fine.

Have you remembered to press the "TV" button before pressing the text button - otherwise it's trying to access a digital text service that doesn't exist.

Ah come on, give him some credit. :D

Anyway he would see the access teletext by pressing tv followed by teletext message.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound in any way rude, but I can't think of any other solution.

We've had this discussion before, and the text is sent as part of the picture, so the fact that it's coming through a digibox doesn't make any difference, so long as the picture appears on screen. If one digibox version of TV3 has text, then they should (we're all recieving the same signal after all).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 broggy

Text is transmitted separately from video like audio on digital satellite signals. I have a Nokia 9600 running DVB2000. Video audio and text have separate pids. I know because it is possible to switch the teletext service for a given channel by entering another channels text pid ( ie. you get the picture and audio for one channel and the text of another. Of course they have to be on the same multiplex.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by broggy
    Text is transmitted separately from video like audio on digital satellite signals. I have a Nokia 9600 running DVB2000. Video audio and text have separate pids. I know because it is possible to switch the teletext service for a given channel by entering another channels text pid ( ie. you get the picture and audio for one channel and the text of another. Of course they have to be on the same multiplex.

Are you talking about digital text (ie BBC and Sky's type of service) or analogue text ? They're very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

my threetext has been completely scrambled for the past few days too. All jumbled up like on analogue TV when the reception isnt that strong. Not that I miss it much though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i get the black screen with the green p100 in the top corner
    and thats it

when i got this before i just rebooted and it was fine after that
    im just too lazy to go rooting behind the tv for the correct plug this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by Culchie Boy
    Hi,
    there is no teletext on TV3 on Sky, for me anyway, is it happening to more people ?

I don't think TV3 has 'analogue' teletext on DSat. The other Irish Channels so though.

If you are getting text on RTE1 and not TV3 then the problem is definately not your box.

One possibilty is a degradation in signal, possibly caused by a build-up of static on the connections at the back of the digibox(hence the re-bootingthing would work, and I've this blamed for many things in the past).

As I said before, the same signal is broadcast to everyone, so the problem must lie either in your TV or the connections between your digibox and TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

yeah, my RTE text is fine too.

Originally posted by Richard
    I don't think TV3 has 'analogue' teletext on DSat

It definitely does.

TV3 threetext is working fine here on Sky digital :)
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Culchie Boy

Hi,
    thanks for repling everbody my 3text came back this morning, Maybe just some routine serviceing on the part of TV3, never had that proplem with Aertel.

Thanks again,

Regards Culchie Boy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 broggy

Charles

I am talking about the analogue version of teletext. This probably explains why some channels have encrypted picture but not encrypted teletext

Thanks Broggy !!

Advertisement