Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3: problem binding extra mouse buttons

Options
  • 26-08-2002 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I have an MS Intellimouse Explorer 3, two extra buttons on the left side. Using windows 2000, q3 1.31, latest intellimouse drivers installed.

Q3 refuses to recognise them, tried binding them from the console and through the menu systems, but they're just ignored.

The extra buttons work fine in HL, and in JK II, and since that's using the q3 engine I can't see any reason why it won't work in q3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Using the Intellimouse3 software, go into specific program buttons, then add Quake3, then program the side mouse buttons to key presses. I have it done for 7 and 8 for the railgun and rocket launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Ahh yes, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I've had similiar trouble...very same mouse, but I can get mouse4 to bind. It comes up with a strange name looking like this 'xxxOxxx' instead of mouse4..but it works. Could never get mouse5 to bind

Also, q3 defaults the mousewheel to weapon switching, and it works fine at first...but if you try rebinding it, it never seems to work. Loads of people been giving out about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I've had that trouble too, stops recognising the wheel if you try to change it, had to restart q3 for it to pick it up again...

Advertisement