Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to network Alcatel Frog

Options
  • 26-08-2002 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Can some kind person point me towards some information on how to set up the Alcatel USB modem so that it can be shared by three or four computers. When I try to set up internet connection sharing in Win 98 it seems to overwrite the Alcatel drivers. Any info appreciated,
    Ikomj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Try a program like Wingate or Winroute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

if you are using the eircom pppoe dialer you might want to check the version of the efficient software that you are using as they say there are bugs on the earlier editions of this software in relation to working with programs similar to wingate in the fact they will not work. they say you should upgrade to version 1.6,and they will tell you to get incontact with your ISP, but guess what????? you can not get it from eircom. are we surprised

http://www.deerfield.com/support/wingate/kb/index.htm?a=1915

Enternet's at version 1.5 still. That bug you're talking about only happened in an old version (1.3 I think).
    If the Enternet software gives any trouble, you could always use raspppoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ikomj

Thanks guys for the pointers - I'll explore both Raspppoe and ver 1.5 of Enternet.
    Best wishes,
    ikomj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

ye sorry about that ye it is only at 1.5(was thinking of something else when posting damn drink and what it does to your mental powers). I do think the problem still occurs sometimes with 1.4 and i to would suggest trying raspppoe. and to get 1.5 you would have to pay for it which is a major pain in the a%*"

• Advertisement

Originally posted by santalives
    and to get 1.5 you would have to pay for it which is a major pain in the a%*"

1.5 is the version Eircom are supplying, it's version a or b though. 1.5c is the latest from the Enternet site, and that's the one you'd have to pay for.

Advertisement