Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greatest TV show of all time?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

how did ted get 2003 votes??i mean,i know it's amazing beyond belief,but 2003??does boards have that many users??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I think someone's tinkered with the poll

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

no rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreally????????????? how on EARTH did you guess that? Look you can almost cut my sarcasm with a knife...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Got to be Ted. No question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

<vote Farscape>

I mean come on! the new Seires r0x0rs!

Kryton: I'm insannnnneeee and I'm wearing womens clothing!
    Rigel: yes I'm a doctor! a good bleeding is the cure for anything!
    kryton: insane I tell you insane!!!!!!!
    erin: you know, your kind of cute when insane john.
    kryton: insane!!! ohh sex scene!

but yes Father Ted is the ultimate show :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by qwidgybo
    how did ted get 2003 votes??i mean,i know it's amazing beyond belief,but 2003??does boards have that many users??

Boards has over 10000 users i think....

erm did you read my post.
    :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Declan L.

Monthy Python, in general
    The Simpsons
    or, and im suprised that no1 mentioned it yet, The Fast Show

Admittedly some, ok alot, of it was bullsh1t, but some bits were just genious. Same for jackass and trigger happy tv, but not as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Now, I like to think of myself as a fairly open, accepting bloke, when it gets right down to it. Hell, one of my closest friends is even a goth. I think. But, and here's the but, there are some things that, inherintly, could never, SHOULD never be classed as good, ever. Jackass falls nicely inot this category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

fio,you tampered just for me?!?!awwwwww!remind me to move to galway with you so we can ALWAYS BE IN THE SAME SCHOOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by qwidgybo
    fio,you tampered just for me?!?!awwwwww!remind me to move to galway with you so we can ALWAYS BE IN THE SAME SCHOOL!

Me? Tamper? NEVER (mock shock disbelief!)

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nothing will ever, ever, ever beat TED. It is without doubt the epitomisation of all that is Irish, chain-smoking comedy. Ted rules and always will. Good explanation for why it's kicking unbelievable ass in the poll!:D

Ted Rules! Nothing will ever beat the best of Irish, chain-smoking comedy! It tells us who we are! We are all TED! At this point I move that we start a poll to find out how many think I'm crazy,or weird, or a little of both!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Another Dr.Evil? We've got three of them now! Why do people rip me off? I propose we settle this over a baby throwing contest. We'll all meet up in the land of Mordor tomorrow at dawn. Supply your own babies since the amount you manage to produce between now and then may be used in the case of a tie breaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

not above example of posting by "it wasn't me"?

that is a prime example of annoying spamming. he could have said that in one message, and the two were basically the same anyway. even if he thought of something to say after he had already posted, there is an "edit" button you can click to change a post. keep in mind in future.

sorry if i come across as a crotchety bastard, but, well, meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I'd just like to point out this poll was rigged.

Obviously Buffy is the greatest proggie ever.... since it has the tastyest chick ever.

QED.

Thanks for calling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Moreover since this thread has been viewed 310 times as of right now, I move father Ted is put into prison with that TD whats his name... for electoral impropiety.

Plus chanel four made Father Ted, hence the stereotypical view of Ireland (bang the rebel drum), so umm, liking it because it's Irish is a misnomer.

hmmmm

Do I seem to care that Channel 4 made it? So what? It's funny and a great insight into Irish life, where I come from anyway. Besides, what TD are you on about?

The second post was a screw-up and was never ment to be sent in the first place so if I offended you please accept my humble, lowly apologies! :rolleyes:(For you, Where is my Mind)

You voted for Buffy along with one other person. How many votes did Ted get, 2008. Mostly Irish people too. So the comment that it's not Irish might not be taken too well in these parts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

(insert sex here) on about Liam Lawlor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Originally posted by Typedef

Plus chanel four made Father Ted, hence the stereotypical view of Ireland (bang the rebel drum), so umm, liking it because it's Irish is a misnomer.

Er, so the fact that the program was funded by a British company, and despite the fact that it was written by Irish comedians, starred Irish comedians, has a theme tune by an Irish band and was filmed in Ireland, makes it British? You clod.

Advertisement