Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

En Francais ?

Options
  • 27-08-2002 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Hmmm... just wondering if I am the only person here with a *vague* (5 years in school) clue of French and yet is entirely scared of even *trying* to type in French for fear of getting it completely wrong?

ca m'embete ? (it annoys me? I think....)

or

j'en ai marre ? (i'm fed up of it? )

blarg, should I even try?

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Oh boy do I know that feeling. It's not so bad when you're handwriting it, because my dire handwriting can mean almost anything. :)
    "oh no no, that's actually an O, yeah."

So what if you make mistakes? Thats how you learn. Heck I'm fluent and I make shit loads of mistakes. (prolly from lack of practice tho) So type away and I'm sure anyone will be more then happy to help you out. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

c'est la meme histoire pour moi smiles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I find it hard to start speaking or writing, but once I get going I'm fine. I was told that my spoken French would sound like a native except I hesitate too much. It's hard to get used to the fact that, yes, I am good at French and I do sound ok.

Anyway, think of it this way, nobody particularly cares if a French person makes mistakes, so I'm sure it's the same vice-versa. And we were all beginners once.

Advertisement