Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF1942 Lag problem

Options
  • 27-08-2002 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭

ANy game i join gives horrible lag, players jumpin about and so.
    Feels like a i got a sky high ping. Iv'e disabled the in game browser but it made no difference whatsoever.

Is this just a shoddy netcode or what am i doing wrong?

thanks for ne advice ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

What type of connection do you have?
    I've heard even 128k isdn lags badly with it, so its basicly the netcode tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hope mods dont think im advertising my website but one of my news guys found this.

Press release from EA anyone else find a patch for a Demo a tad disturbing??????

quote:
    From Battlefield1942.com

We are all pleasantly surprised by how popular you've made the Battlefield 1942 Multiplayer Demo. Some of you have pleaded for certain fixes, which would make your gaming experience that much better.

Well, seeing as you've made this the #2 online shooter being played...it makes sense to listen to you...*grin*. So, we will be releasing a patch for the Multiplayer Demo very, very soon, which will incorporate a number of fixes, including the following:

Support for All Seeing Eye.
    Support for refresh rates higher than 60hz.
    Improved Server stability
    And many other fixes to be announced soon...Stay tuned for more details as the development team digs in...

As always, your trusty TMT reporting staff will keep you updated as this develops further

more on www.modtheater.com

Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

the demo is sweet on LAN, but playing it online sucks even with 128k isdn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

done a bit more research into it.
    Apparently its caused by the fact that even in game game spy will continue to ping the servers. Just think of all those players constantly pinging the servers.

Yer i tried it over 128 with the gamespy disabled and didnt help.
    Especially when some one said it was sweet over LAN.
    Hope they fix that in the mentioned patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I lag out after joining most servers (i last for about 15secs :/ )but on my 220th or so server i finally found a decent one! its great when you can play with a sub 500 ping (thats good for this game........) on 64k ISDN, but it totally rips my GeForce3 to shreds for some reason,i get about 10 FPS when i see a tank up close, and when theres major action goin on my FPS drops to about 3, and thats with min graphics :confused:
    Plays great on LAN tho, and the map looks real pwetty on max graphics :)

This game definately has major potential if it fix's FPS and lag problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

eh...?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

What the....?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

You heard the man...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

You heard the man...

But I don't want to work in Cork :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Too bad. You start in the abattoir this Monday.

Advertisement