Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What band got you started into Heavy Metal?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

My brother got me first into Alice In Chains and Nirvana back when i was about 9, went to the Nirvana gig when i was 12 with my brother. But i'm a metaler now first album i bought was Sepultura ~Roots, now i only listen to stuff like, Smashing Pumpkins ,Metallica(of course) and a lot of other metal bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Deep Purple, specificaly Made In Japan in 1980. Yep I'm v-e-r-y old!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I think the first metal band i heard was metallica.
    S & M was the first album i heard of theirs
    But at the mo ive been listening to system and korn and foo fighters and puddle of mudd and stuffs.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Laugh at me all you wish but Staind. I've gotten into some other bands like Rammstein and Glassjaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by snickerpuss
    I think the first metal band i heard was metallica.
    S & M was the first album i heard of theirs

Same here - I started off on No Leaf Clover & Nothing Else Matters, but The Thing That Should Not Be was what got me hooked. I started listening to the Load/Reload stuff next, liked that and the Black Album, but nowadays it's just Kill 'Em All/RTL/Puppets, still listening to Justice and like it better than re/load. Can't wait to hear the new album but worried it'll be another load/reload (or worse :eek: ).
    After 'tallica got into Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, G'N'R from my friends, but now into all sorts via the wonderful process of self-discovery :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Iron Maiden from playing Carmageddon 2.
    Before that i never listened to music really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

The 1st Metal band I ever listened to was Iron Maiden but I actually had alot of different music phases until I finally settled into Metal and they were:

1. Metal (Iron Maiden (7SOA7S), MetallicA, PanterA)
    2. Dance Music (The Prodigy, N-Trance etc)
    3. Grundge (Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc)
    4. Dance & Rap (Notorious, 2 Pac etc)
    5. Rock and Metal (Since '98)

So there are my phases. I had plenty of them, thankfully I found my true niche, HEAVY ****IN' METAL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Zanza

First of all, I heared KoRn's song Blind in Street Fighter's ending [the anime] .. I liked it, but not more when I saw LINKIN PARK's Papercut video on TV I went carzy for them!!

Now I love to hear LINKIN PARK, Ill Nino, P.O.D. & other bands like them .. :D

Paper cut not Crowling!! ^^;

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Had to be ACDC with Highway to Hell followed closely by Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast.:D

Never looked back tho my tastes expanded somewhat....

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Metallica for me, although I remember listening to the songs from Quake2 and some of them were class i thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭/|/)etal)-|ead

I think Rob Zombie did most of the music for Quake 2. Pretty good, but nowhere near Trent Reznor's masterpiece Quake 1 soundtrack - I still listen to that! Don't often play the game anymore though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

A band called Sonic Mayhem did most of the music for Quake 2 and 3, afaik, and Rob Zombie did one song on the soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Shred

It would have been a mixture of Judas Priest-Motorhead-AC/DC and Saxon around 82/83 (but had thought Angus Young was really cool before that:) All of which were being played by me older brothers for as long as I can remember...

Then there was me other brother, the dance DJ, thank jaysus he didn't influence me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

Gotta be Ministry
    a m8 played the Psalm 69 album for me and it blew me away, i was reallt impressed by it, orrrrrrrr Tool Anima, and i just expanded from those

Advertisement