Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV tests in Ireland?

• 27-08-2002 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm told ITV have begun testing on Sky Digital in the Republic again. Can anyone confirm, and if so, what are the frequencies??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

I was told in May that rte shall be in the north before end of this month,If that does happen you can expect utv in the south at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by Buckfast
    I'm told ITV have begun testing on Sky Digital in the Republic again. Can anyone confirm, and if so, what are the frequencies??

The frequencies for the ITV channels are as follows...

ITV - 10.832H 10.891H 10.906V
    22000 5/6

Is anyone near a digibox at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by Buckfast

Buckfast, expose your sources!

Originally posted by dmeehan
    Buckfast, expose your sources!

Feck the sources. Someone get to a TV. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

OK Shane I just checked.
    ther is nothing to suggest to me that anything is going on
    There are a few active P 's etc but no mention of anything else

QQQQ..Why would they need to test UTV,,they only have to free it for the ROI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by seano
    OK Shane I just checked.

Nothing unusual here either

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

I retuned in the 3-6, 3-7, 3-8 and 3-9 labels from 10.906V, 22000, 5/6 just to see if there was any developments.

There is a possability that we could have a copy of UTV on which they might perform the switching.

Anyway, 3-8 and 3-9 show the usual "no listings available" in the search and scan banner, however 3-6 and 3-7 are showing our old favourite "This programme is not available" message.

I am not sure if this is what was happening previously or not.

I will check those channels/labels again this evening with the FTV card in the box. It may shed some more light on the difference between the labels.

On the BBC Card 3-6 and 3-7 have the phone 0870... screen with a description of what looks like Sky travel.
    As those who were around when ITV first tested on Sky last year will remember....that could mean any channel is going on there or none.
    At the initial stages of testing the channels encryption, the testers weren't bothered what channel info they brought up on a "subscribe screen" -they were just bothered with whether the encryption was doing it's job or not.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

OK Shane I just checked.

I'm not sure if they have the capibility to block individual regions - it is all or nothing. though it can't be that hard to sort out - the BBC do it for their regions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

May be a different version if certain programming needs to be blocked due to rights issues.

I would rather c4 any day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Element 4

Hi Guys,

I have done a search and YES they seem to be there allbeit with th e"08" message.

The EPG is carrying programme information.

I am using an Irish subscription card

E4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Originally posted by Element 4
    Hi Guys,

I have done a search and YES they seem to be there allbeit with th e"08" message.

The EPG is carrying programme information.

I am using an Irish subscription card

E4

Are you talking about the normal ITV broadcasts that are blocked to Irish cards, or are you talking about new ITV broadcasts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Element 4

hmmmm the ones that are available via the frequencies quoted by shane o c
    The frequencies for the ITV channels are as follows...
    ITV - 10.832H 10.891H 10.906V

E4

and remember do like the signature says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

They've been there with the 08 message since the day ITV blocked Irish ppl from watching any region. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Hmm.. as far as I can see, these are the same broadcasts that have been there since ITV encrypted.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along please.

But wouldn't it be great ........

Advertisement