Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

liteline laptop problom

• 27-08-2002 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

im having a big problom installing the os to the system . it crashes during the setup of the pnp devices . i dont have a clue whats doing it .. anyone know a way to find out what exactly could be doing it ? or better yet how to get the os onto the system . the system restore cd aint working for meh also . .. ive looked in the bios for somthn that coud b crashing it but no luck there . any ids ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

What is liteline?

Anyway, first thing to do is to try and eliminate stuff. Remove all pcmcia cards from the laptop, then go into the bios and disable as much of the integrated stuff as possible. Can you give us a little more detail, seeing as you are being completely vague? Does it just lockup? If it bluescreens, it would be helpful if you could post up the error message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

liteline is a model of fujitsu siemens laptops

it just hangs on the p&p setup in the windows install and wont go any further

allready have all unneeded things in the bios disabled i know its kinda vague but im not getting any errors from the installtion ive tried anything i thought would be doing this to the laptop . but still nothing ..

and no pcimci devices are in it ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Here.

http://www.microsoft.com/hcl/results.asp

Search For: Geforce IN: (category) Display

tells ya what IS supported

looks like your display is XP only on an INITIAL install

if you can install a standard SVGA display instead you can then upgrade to the correct driver later.

M

Advertisement