Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test your level of Spanish

Options
  • 27-08-2002 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

This gives you a rough idea of your level of Spanish and recommends some on-line courses...

Test Your Spanish

And just for the hell of it, give us your scores (no using dictionaries, phrasebooks or Babelfish!)

Marks are out of 12 (I got 9/12 :(, need to practice more.)

Recommended reading is:

1-6 points:Spanish Steps (as seen in cosas útiles, beginners course, "¡Hola! I'm Kevin Duala..")

7-9 points:Sueños World Spanish

10-12 points:Spanish News

also Talk Spanish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

I was bored so I did the test and got 12/12... it's obviously meant for spanish learners, and I'm fluent already, so it wasnt too hard :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

This is kind of of aimed at students, really. What annoyed me was the ones I got wrong were fairly easy. I've just done it again and got 11 (not sure what I did differently though, strange...)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

You scored 12, so you might like to try these:

Read a weekly selection of stories from BBC Mundo in Semanario Internet and practice your listening skills with the related audio files.

Build up your language with the comprehensive course Sueños, which features Latin American as well as standard Spanish. Online we have activities and video clips that accompany the 20 part TV series, two coursebooks and audio cassettes or a CD pack.

Widen your vocational phrases with Doing it, online activities accompanying Work Talk Spain, a TV series broadcast regularly on the BBC Learning Zone.

Advertisement