Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Site coming soon

Options
  • 27-08-2002 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Im launching a new site in a few weeks, its content will be aimed at wrestling news from all over europe.
    www.euroslam.com SHOULD be the address if all goes according to plan.
    There will be a pro forum (phpbb) that will have exclusive interviews and columns , also a chatroom with special guests appearing every month.
    We will have results and news from everywhere in europe and people will be encouraged to put up their reviews of shows and tapes on the forum.

What else would you like to see on this site?

Bombidol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

well get ready for an onslaught of ppl looking for avi/mpeg of wrestling clips (I have over 1000 as I used to be those people).

also remember that the wwe has cracked down hard on most fan/news sites, in fact hitting several with legislation to remove images of their wrestlers, so be warned. when you talk exclusive itnerviews, it might be an idea to try and track down several well known stars aswell as up and comers.

what i did when i wrote for a certain site, I just mailed a ****load of people and I managed to interview (via email) people like Bad News Brown and Steve Corino :), that made me happy.

you might consider polls/competitions/regular contributers who would give their current opinions on wrestling yesterday/today/tomorrow.

videos/dvd/books/games/movies reviews, anything and everything that would make reference to wrestling (and I am not talking about movies that may have wrestling on in the background)

"people will be encouraged to put up their reviews of shows and tapes on the forum", this could get very messy as you could people flaming each other big time, if someone thinks one thing is great, while another person thinks it sucks.

you should get reviewers to do this, while poeple can vote whether they agree with the reviewer, maybe post one or two lines of thought, that way you do get feedback but not the complete trolling of most boards.

also if you are doing things europe wide, introduce people to these wrestlers you are going to mention, because if they arent big and famous, no one will know who the hell they are (eg bios)

thats all i can think of at the moment, some ideas and soem suggestions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i probably wont feature WWE guys much to be honest, the flaming is going to happen anyway as one persons opinions are rarely anothers. basically it will be a hub for wrestling in Europe, promoters will be allowed a section to shill their shows and people can give feedback through the Forum. im going to be looking for GOOD columnists , and no one will be given a section unless i like their stuff.
    Columns can be send to gareth@eircom.net for approval, and they better be of a good quality and of good content to do with any subject in the wrestling vein, but NO "What wwe should do is" . People with large tape collections are probably best suited to this.
    Im also looking for someone to review the regular wwe show, Raw, SD, Velocity, Afterburn, - chances are that this is all the WWE content thats going to be on the site so it had better be well written.

Oh yeah I know exactly what you mean, some sites are completely dominated by WWE, simply because thats all they have access to, but also that it is the most dominant wrestling federation in the world at the moment by that I mean most people if asked about wrestling will say WWF).

Some sites try to combine the NJPW and other Japanese feds, but unless you have someone over there or a satelite feed that gets the stuff, then you are out of luck.

You are talking about getting columinsts, well unfortuantely a lot of columnists, even me, often do the what should the wwe be ding, aswell as general bitching about the wwe or even applauding what they do. Most coloumnists are normally huge fans of certain orgs., and in that way feel justified in saying what they think the wwe should do. Its going to be very bloody difficult to find columnists that wont do this from time to time however a good columnists can always waffle crap, eg reminiscing about past angle or when nWO ruled the world, etc.

reviews for shows are going to be a little difficult, simply because we dont get the full range of wwe shows over here. also be prepared, unless you mention it on the site, the site is for european fans, simply because you could get a lot of american fans, complaining that reviews are several days late, etc. If you got someone over in America, get them to do it, simply because you can put it down as spoiler material.

unfortuantely aswell any european based wrestling website (*cough* *cough* smashwrestling.com) is very limited in they themselves only deal with American, British, and some indy news. They do have a large viewership from their forums and newsletter but that said, they still get complaints from people saying "oh you arent covering XPW, etc".

With any new site, even with something as popular as wrestling it will be a slow start. But hell I look forward to another site, there aint enough!!!!

we get the 4 wwe shows with original matches so they can be reviewed.
    i Will have an american indys section but it will be small, mostly just results.
    I want to have a japan section too but i need to find a big puro fan to run it.
    Ill be covering feds from all over mainland europe and ireland and u, GWF, EWA, IWW, TWA, NWAUK, etc
    i woulnt mind the ODD what wwe should do column but not every week, a few on , booking, training, psychology, up and coming stars, that type of stuff.
    Im also going to try and hook up with a tape trader to offer tapes on the site.
    competitions for tickets and signed stuff , etc all the usual.
    what im looking for is some new ideas that not many people use on sites

and therein lies the problem, most sites offer most just that. they try and combine a large selection of stuff from various feds, but then comes the problem. you said wwe stuff will be limited, but that is where most wrestling news comes from on a daily regular basis.

also with regard to the coloumns, the other point i would make is that most coloumnists dont have that much of a well rounded knowledge of the wrestling industry, in that they may not necessarily know what training is done, how bookings are made, etc, who the up coming stars are, unless they know the fed they are writing about backwards but also that they have had or have seen some real life wrestling training, like yourself.

• Advertisement

if all goes according to plan then nothing on this site will be half arsed, the only people you will be reading columns from will be either insiders OR exremely well versed fans that know what they are talking about.

remember though , 20% europe 20% international

cool, i was just throwing things out, that as a fan would occur to me.

so is the site gonna be completely forum based (like boards.ie) or you going to combine standard website with forums?

a bit of both, it will provide content for fans to discuss, so maybe a vid clip or two or a comment in audio or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

how about you look at some of my columns on my wrestleminds website - www.geocities.com/wrestleminds (well its three people who have just started the site - myself, an english and a scottish bloke) - the actual content of what i write about there reflect the particular andge of that site but my interests go far beyond wwe
    also if you would like to post iww news/3 count news etc or put links up on our site let me know - you can e mail me at wrestleminds_cmb@hotmail.com
    please note that the site is only just up and running so it will have much more in it in a few weeks - incase you think its still a little bare

Advertisement