Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remake of The Wickerman

• 27-08-2002 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

Read about in either the times or independent. Its going to be starring Nicolas Cage, that doesnt sound too good. They are just going to ruin a classic movie. Why bother remaking it, when it was fine as it was, why???????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:eek:

Nic Cage as which character, the copper or the laird?

The mind boggles, presumably it'll be re-located to a wind-swept
    island of the rugged coast of er Florida.

Jesus , the Yanks have spent years murdering French films and now its the turn of Briitsh cinema what with Get Carter and next
    The Italian Job. "You were only supposed to blow the darn doors off!"

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

just found this check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Remake? No point. I don't think Cage would do a bad job necessarily, but it's one of those movies where it would be almost impossible to capture the atmosphere of the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by Kolodny
    Remake? No point. I don't think Cage would do a bad job necessarily, but it's one of those movies where it would be almost impossible to capture the atmosphere of the original.

exactly.. everything about the original enhanced the atmosphere, even the poor quality of the sound and music, the old fashioned acting (especially of the main guy) and slow pace of the film. all of that would be lacking in a technically perfect modern version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

for whats it worth, i wouldnt mind watching Nicolas Cage burn in a giant model of a man, made of tree branches.

adnans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Is it just me or does every half-assed project 'under consideratiin' seem to always have Nicholas Cage as the star? Remember the Superman project from a couple of years ago that was supposed to have cage playing the man of steel? And now this wickerman remake! There's others too but particulat titles don't come to mind right now.

I think theres a major movie troll out there somewhere whose leaving deliberate clues to his trolling in the form of mentioning Nick Cage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well i saw a thingy on sifi about the wicker man festivle they have every year.
    This film might have a great cult following!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by adnans
    for whats it worth, i wouldnt mind watching Nicolas Cage burn in a giant model of a man, made of tree branches.

It would be interesting to see what kind of facial tics he'll come up with as he burns in agony..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Noooooooooooooooooo-why must they do such a thing!

God what a great film-my fav part (apart from the end is when-i cant remember her name-the girl with the blonde hair is smackin her ass)

Classic!

I was a little scared when a friend of a friend was watchin it with me and he knew all the words to all the songs.:eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

NOOOOO dear jesus don't let them do it. Other thing I love destroyed by Hollywood.

Although I like Adnans idea of watching Nicholas Cage burn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement