Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what think you of?????

Options
  • 28-08-2002 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭

i've just purchased songs for the deaf by queens of the stone age solely having read the great reviiews and on the back of the fact that dave grohl is playing drums on the album.

may i say that this is the best rock album that i have heard im years, the melodies, rythems, lyrics everything its all amazing. i reccamend this album to any rock lover and it is again proof {as if it were needed} that dave grohl is one of the best rock 'n' roll drummers that are still playing these days.

i know very little about said band [except feel good hit of the summer and that secret song!] yet heard loads o rumours "only two lads in the band and they get in a vocalist to sing on the albums", "they'll be touring with grohl", "they play nude" etc, etc. can anyone give any info on them or indeed pass on your opinion of them to me and indeed the rest of the board???????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mr D

Glad to hear it's good. Their last album, Rated R, was amazing. There's actually 3 guys in the band and they used to be in a band called Kyuss (who's last album was entitled Queens of the Stone Age). The guitarist and bassist do most of the singing but they do get some guest vocalists in for the albums, Mark Lanegan, that guy from Judas Priest etc. That's about all I know. Oh and they were due to be the first band to play the newly re opened Ambassador last August but cancelled. And they were apparently the best band at Glastonbury this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Queens of the stone age are brilliant! I'm usually the only person around who's ever heard of 'em. Does anyone know when thery're playin here coz they're definitely a band i wanna see live!

Advertisement