Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP5K With Scope

• 28-08-2002 1:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Well i got the idea of this gun from the Resident Evil Movie and thought it would be cool for a sig commando replacement. So i started 2-3 days ago and i have the mp5k bit done except for a few bits and bobs. The scope has to be done yet and i'm finding it hard to find some decent ref pics. I was thinking of nabbing the sound from the movie and i'll do a little sprite so it should be a complete replacement. Theres alot of different types of mp5ks and i have alot of different ref pics of 'em so i'd say i have a collage of an mp5k at this stage. Ahh well..

1.jpg

2.jpg

Current poly count is around 1350 including clip which isn't that bad.

Any comments/Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Excellent.

In the second pic, the handle at the front of the gun looks biuggger, maybe it's just the angle it's at.. But very nice work, cant wait to see it finished :D

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

The word "Nyommity" slots in here somewhere.
    Very nice work, Raven - Have you considered plopping all your custom models etc onto a website for people to download? Or is this to remain your very own, forever?

Either way, you deserve a pat on the back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thnxs all, Yes rope i'm trying to get a site up for myself but i don't have any hosting plus i lost frontpage a while back so i'll see how things go...

Heres a new pic :
    3.jpg

Looks amazingly good.. I'll try and make a bare website for you if you want, And you can make the gfx.. coz you're way better with PS than me tbh

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

...Or, we could wait for the arrival of the GE Webby and host all of them there...

Or maybe not...
    Either way, they deserve to be pimped all over the shop.
    I also want to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Advertisement

Fair enough Drake you make the bones and i'll supply the flesh :D
    I'd like to have them somewhere at least, the GE site would be a good place to put 'em. Same with irish maps, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Looks pritty sweet Raven...

New pic:

4.jpg

Got Scope done and a few fixes here and there. Might skin it next unless theres anything else missing. /me watches Resi Movie

Looks 1337, once again.

Add some sub woofers and a dvd player to it, maybe a microwave for 1337 ready-made popcorn.

That aside i dont think it could be better.. even if you added a big pancake. :D

rofl Drake

I think i will leave it at that its just under 2k polies so its enough.

• Advertisement

Started the skin today. Doing the scope and clip first then i'll do the actual gun. So far it looks ok if not a little cartoony in some areas but heres a progress pic anyway.

5.jpg

6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

holy ****, lookin good.

maybe try and make the scope a tad longer and less bulky, and try to smooth out some of the edges [espically on ze scope]

Jimmy:)

I think the scope is quite excellent as it is.

If you've ever seen he Residen t Evil movie Jim, You'll notice it's almost identical.

Great work..

Looking nice indeed.
    I would like to apply for the creation of a custom M3 Bullpup Shotgun, thank you :D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

sweet stuff raven!
    pld :)

Thnxs all :D

Ok so Rope you supply the pics and i'll make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

I think they've already said it, but well done Steve, looks sweet. However, the scope on it needs to be elongated, the Navy Seals used one and so did the S.A.S. I'll try and find some pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

pdw4.jpg

Okay so the one I was thinking of is a slightly older version, kudos Steve. Here's a pic of what Raven has just duplicated :) *cough* minus the stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

looks amazing. Nice one. Anyone else make/made this type of 3d model before? Don't browse this forum very often. Post links etc?

Advertisement