Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite place in Westmeath

Options
  • 28-08-2002 8:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Do people have any particular place they like? Just curious in case I'm missing anywhere. I'm a keen cyclist so I really like the countryside out towards Lough Lene. The area between Castlepollard and Colinstown is really something. Also the valleys around Knock Eyon (?) are beautiful. Theres more to life than shopping centres lads ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Fore is good as is most of the area around Derravaragh. Killare(Uishneach) is also well worth a ramble, though I'd be a bit dubious about travelling the Ballymore road on a bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Fore, definitely, especially the Really Really Big Mountain and the wood that won't burn. That rocks. So what would happen if one took a lighter to it... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ya can never beat a bit of Tyrrelspass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

Has anyone heard of a mental pub outside Tyrellspass called the Hazel? I think the exact address is Rahugh, but god its a bit of a mad place altogether.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Respeck ta the Fore Posse!

Sorry. Fantastic looking area, strangely Canada-like. Shame about the terrifying, monstrous primary school. Its like the f**king Overlook hotel, looming out of the distance....If you don't mind getting muddy (real muddy...) try the Hill of (I have no idea how to spell it but it sounds like MWeeel) area near Hilltown, close to the Meath border. Also, theres a very sweet little road through the bog across Stonetown bridge which feels much like theres nobody else on earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Guy's,
    I know Tyrrellspass and The Hazel well! Are ye from that area? I'm not far from that place meself "as the crow flys". I lived in the pass for a year or two and had an absolutely brilliant time! The town of the house parties!! I should know as most of them were in mine!!!

Advertisement