Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crowdsurfings - who dunnit?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Originally posted by Hobnail Monkey
    From what I gathered from the programme, and partially in my own opinion, Moshing started out of Hardcore punk and then evolved over time to Metal. It was always deemed to be an extreme way of 'dancing' if thats what you could call it. Its not that metallers or punks have dibs on moshing, its just that its tradition belongs there, with heavy music, in the underground music styles.

I suppose it depends on how you define "indie", "heavy" and "underground". The heavier end of what I'd consider to be indie also has its roots in punk and hardcore. I haven't been to a hell of a lot of metal gigs, but I've been to a lot of punk and industrial gigs, and some of the most vicious moshes I've been in have been at gigs by "indie" bands like Loop and My Bloody Valentine (showing my age here, I know).

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I went crowd surfing at Megadeth in the SFX last year. The bouncers were sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    stage dived to ratm about 10 years ago in the tivoli

Oh how i envy you WWM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

Crowdsurfing once or twice.... anyone else see the drunken fools at Witnness? Trying to surf, but they were muddy, so no one wantwed to touch them, and they got thrown in the mud. One of the f*ckers kicked my in the face.... I hada cool looking bootprint on my face all day :D

Advertisement