Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Kings / Berkeley / Boxes / Roscoe

Options
  • 28-08-2002 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Just a quick reminder...Wednesday week (4th):
    Future Kings Of Spain launch their debut single "A Place For Everything And Everything In It's Place" (now airing on Phantom) at the Music Centre (7.30pm).
    Bring the rock, for God's sake!! Only €7 (I'll stick the first three people to mail furious@ny.com on the guest list).
    Incentive or wha'?!
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

hey...so i know what to expect from the future kings and from berkeley...

but what are the other two bands like??

anyone got any info??

cheers

kurdt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭madouva

BOXES are...hard to describe...quite full on, but in a really hypnotic way. They're along the lines of Big Black, but are less gratuitously noisy...more intricate.
    In other words, they rock like a motherf*cker, in the BEST possible way. They're a deep, dark well-kept secret.
    And there's a Tullamore link too!

Honestly? Am at a loss as regards Roscoe - think it's just one guy with a guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

cheers madouva...the night just got a wee bit more interested...

and thanx for replying...i thought the message had gone unnoticed and fallen by the wayside...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

My brother is the drummer in Roscoe...they aren't that bad.....very tight for a band that have only been together a few months..THEY HAVE A FIDDLE PLAYER!!!!!!
    I'll be there to shout my support for Roscoe,but to also get a look at Future Kings,heard alot about them,should be well worth the 7 quid!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

And by the way,I'm not showing family favouritism here...I seen them a few weeks back for the first time and was getting ready to slate them,but they did impress,so unfortunately all the slagging I was prepared to give had to be pushed to the side....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭madouva

Nice one Tom.
    We're all full of info today!!
    Naw - it's going to be deadly. Future Kings are lethal, and each band on the bill brings their own element to the night. Have you heard the FKOS single?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

woohoo i was quick enuff so i got on the guestlist yay for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement