Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Van Nisterroy bang out of line!

• 28-08-2002 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭

Well I enjoyed the game between Utd and ZTE but i though the Illic and Van Nisterroy incident was bang out of line.

First van nisterroy goes down screams, and rolled in agony a few times.

Then he mocked Illic when he was shown a straight red!

Then his agonising injury cleared up as soon as someone else made like they were taking the penalty.

He should be punished for this behaviour. He exaggerated the foul and the injury to have a fellow professional sent off, and then provoked him further after the incident.

X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

He dived earlier on in the game and the Referee ignored him. He should be punished but the FA are lacking again. Instead of drawing a line in the sand early in the season they are throwing a blind eye. They recinded Cisse's red card for the tackle on Ashley Cole where no contact was made despite Cole rolling about in agony and then after much questioning said that no action would be taken against Cole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeh, i agree ashley cole should have been awarded at least a yellow after the video evidence.
    Didnt see the ManUre peno incident, but i have seen VanTapsinanddives throwing himself about at every oppurtunity all last season and last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

in all fairness, the keeper was about 2 feet away from him and still managed to land his studs on his knee.

no matter what position you play in you cant show your studs to people.

that is what made it look like a red-card worthy decision.
    players get knocks all the time, they go down, and then they get back up after the initial pain goes.
    its been happening for years, and it will happen for many more.

bur yes i do think he played it up, but i still think it was a carding offense for the raised studs.

as for ashley cole, the gooners would want to sort him out. how many players has he got sent of now who have coughed near him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Ilic came down on Vans knee with all 6 studs as Van was moving away. Granted he made the most of it but it's a very stupid tackle and worthy of a sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Originally posted by Dave
    Ilic came down on Vans knee with all 6 studs as Van was moving away. Granted he made the most of it but it's a very stupid tackle and worthy of a sending off.

AND THE REST?

The taunting the keeper, the miraculous recovery?

I think a couple of people were wearing there Red-tinted glasses eh ?

X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 glass onion

The taunting of the 'keeper wasn't bad, only looked worse in slo-mo...anyway, all players do it at some point or other.

The challenge on van Nistlerooy was bad, and if it had have made full contact, as was intended, would have been a challenge similar to the Keane on Haaland one. Should Ilic be banned for eight or ten games as people have suggested Keane should?

How many of you non-Manchester United supporters answered yes?....

It was a dirty challenge no matter what happened afterwards, and the keeper deserved his red-card, and his probable 3 match ban in the UEFA Cup (if ZTE get past the next round).

I agree that van Nistlerooy was out of line with the way he acted, but you cannot tell me that the likes of Owen(yes St. Michael),Heskey and Ashley Cole aren't worse culprits for diving.

Originally posted by Xterminator

AND THE REST?

X

name me a team you support and we can all give you an exapmle of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gelmir

Hey I hate Man Utd. as much as the next person but a penalty is a penalty and that ladies and gentleman was a definate penality.

Originally posted by Xterminator

AND THE REST?

X

Em a penalty is a penalty. An incident worthy of a red card is still and incident worthy of a red, regardless of what happens after the incident. You don't seem to be able to get your head around this.

Oh and take 6 studs in the knee and stay standing and then give the guy that did it to you a pat on the back? If every player that over dramatised their injuries were banned for 8-10 games well then we'd have no premiership for a 3rd of the season. It's a disgrace I know but thats the way people play soccer now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

forlan was gonna take the peno
    but than mr serious roy keane steped in and told van nistelrooy to take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Then his agonising injury cleared up as soon as someone else made like they were taking the penalty.

VanNistelrooy offered Forlan to take the penalty as he has yet to score,but Keane refused and told Van nistelrooy that he is the penalty taker and to take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It was a penalty and VanScreaminagony should have seen yellow.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

he showed him the studs alright , which yeah was out of order , but in my personal opinion van is a plonker of the highest form and description!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

toni_schumacher.jpg

bring back Toni to sort out troublesome strikers...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

look at it this way, van nistelrooy suffered a serious knee injury a couple of years ago which nearly needed his career as a professional footballer and to see someone like Ilic coming towards him showing studs and making some contact must of sent thoughts running through his head!!! we have all seen what a tackle like that can do to a player (haaland, irwin etc.....). so if you put me in his boots i would of done the same. maybe he did make more of it than he should but he's not the first player to do this and he wont be the last either. Ilic made contact and showed studs and should of been sent off like he was!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

For the people who said he made a 'miraculous recovery'.
    Have you never played a game of football, gotten a knock off a mate, been in absolute agony for a minute when it 'miraculously' stops aching and is only slightly sore...

And yes Van Nistelrooy can be a diving bollox but thats the way the game is going and what he gets payed for.

Was definitely a peno and a sending off.

I dont suppose you ever gave out to someone for coming in and putting 6 studs into ur knee, god knows id shout bloody murder at em. ****ing dangerous as we all saw with haaland.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

As a United supporter I am suprised it was given, ya he had the foot up but Barthez does the same when he comes rushing out, he always has his leg up to "protect" himself.

It was dangerous but you do not usually see them given.

Forlan was offered the penalty but Keano was sensible to ensure we got another goal.

Originally posted by yop
    As a United supporter I am suprised it was given, ya he had the foot up but Barthez does the same when he comes rushing out, he always has his leg up to "protect" himself.

It was dangerous but you do not usually see them given.

Forlan was offered the penalty but Keano was sensible to ensure we got another goal.

the difference is that barthez god love him will bring a knee up for protection.

i dont think you really need to bring the knee up, extend the foot and face the studs up.
    i think thats the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

yes i'm a united supporter,yes it was a penalty, yes it was a red card, and as for van he does make the most of some things
    BUT here is a question for all you geniuses out there
    how many of you have suffered a serioud knee injury?
    or for that matter any type of serious injury?
    now for the interesting part
    what was your reaction the first time you got a dangerous knock on it?
    did you burst into chorus of a song or did you fear the worst?
    if you have experienced any type of serious injury you will know that the first time you get a knock on it and you feel pain it feels like somethings broken until you calm down
    now all you A.B.U. supporters just think [if you can but we all know you moan b4 your brain cacthes up] the next time a player goes down like van did last tuesday

• Advertisement
Advertisement