Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caught in the act

Options
  • 28-08-2002 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Ever been caught headbanging or playing air-guitar in the 'privacy' of yer own room or when you thought nobody was around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

yeah, been there! usually with me though, someone walks in when i'm belting something out at the top of my lungs- which is fine when i'm alone in the house, but then i hear someone appears s******ing behind me!

[edit] oh my god!! i can't say snickering??????[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Hobnail Monkey

Forgot about the growling part actually.
    I got snared by me Ma when I was singing the live version of Pantera's 'Walk' from the 101% proof live album.
    "IS THERE NO STANDARD AN.....oh hi Ma".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

**** yeah, happened me a few months ago, I had pulled a sickie from work and was sitting in my living room with MTV2 on full blast, and 'Just so you know' by American Head Charge (one of my favourite songs ever) came on, so I started belting it out as loud as my little lungs would permit, and headbanging...in a seated position, but headbanging all the same....and I saw the postman out of the corner of my eye, RIGHT outside the window, just 3 feet away from me, walking into next door's garden.
    And the window was open.
    To say I was 'scarleh' is an understatement.

Could have been worse though, could have been my boss outside the window, hah.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Suppose its better than being caught ****...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

lol, thankfully that last ones never happened to me.......

but ive been caught headbanging mercilessly to perfect crime by GNR "YOU WANNA **** WITH ME, THEN **** WITH ME, BUT YOUD BE WAT I BE SO DONT **** WITH ME" not the friendless of songs but hey, its good! and i headbang openly in front of parents, but not as enthusiasticly as when im alone/with friends/at a gig.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

me and a few mates were headbangin to some metallica I think it was, around 3 in the morning.. and one of the lads fathers walked in, pissed as a fart, and started headbanglin along with us until we realised he was in the room and stopped to have a stare :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭/|/)etal)-|ead

How about death metal style growling? anyone been caught trying that? that would be pretty damn hilarious, especially if it was someone old who had never heard death metal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Ahhhh, Air Guitar, the last taboo, the downfall of many a good man. Happned plenty of times worst was when me and me two mates were Airguitaring away to the live version of sultans of swing and his ol man and ol lade were standing at the door tryna get our attention for a minute at least. The (Semi Drunken) memories :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 morticia

ah this takes me back..
    must admit to being caught playing along to november rain on my dads old acoustic which at the time i couldn't play. stereo up very loud didn't notice till parents were in the room whch then resulted in me falling of the bed cos i was jumping on it at the time.. capricious youth :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I've been caught a good few times headbanging to Episode 666 by In Flames, which if you've heard it you'd understand. I was headbanging while playing air guitar. It's just something us metalheads are prone to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

The question is who the hell hasn't been caught in the act? (inclyuding the "other" one...:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

JoJ - Nazi Halo. I don't sound totally horrible from choir class, but needless to say it was a bit embarressing.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Satan's Kitten

this is a bit different from what ye lot have been talkin bout but still funny as hell. u lot know at the start of life is peachy jonathon does twist wit all his odd noises, well i entered my room to find my lil pal midget imitatin it. the funniest thing on earth hearin a 11 yr old sh!tney queers fan doing that. she sounded like a dog. i was crying i was laughing so hard!:D

Advertisement