Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Development Wants To Appoint a Ratcatcher.

Options
  • 28-08-2002 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Shannon 'Development' as they are known, ingrates, lookit this cheek!

In their annual Report they asked for a few goodies and in particular they asked for somebody other than Eircom to provide World Class Broadband , I ask you! They then bang on about how it is easier to get 'Development' when you have this in place and stuff.

But lads, I thought Eircon were a' World Class Broadband' kinda outfit......and they are already in Shannon. I could swear I pissed in one of their phoneboxes down there one night many moons ago so they must be in Shannon.

As for Global Operators! Haven't ye got the Western Digital Corridor down there owned by url]http://www.ocean.ie/htm/news/releases/western.htm[/url Ocean, remember Ocean :) [/URL] who are owned by BT. Thousands of miles of fibre, not a single one in use ! Read that press release BEFORE Ocean take it down from their website....before the next Shannon Development report comes out no doubt. BT were a Global Operator last time I looked. World Class ya BHOOOY ya.

Stop Whinging ye ungrateful midwestern bastids. Ye have all ye need down there apart from a 6am to Heathrow, fingers out now..funk soul brother!

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yeh, we've all been there how about these two press releases
    75m in funding for broadband for bmw regions http://www.irlgov.ie/tec/press01/jan16th01.htm
    http://www.idaireland.com/news/showRelease.asp?storyid=118

what ever happened to this stuff and the companies

I mean you just have to laugh your socks of when you read thius stuff
    let me qoute
    "It is also one of the aims of the fund that the barriers to conducting business over the internet are levelled across the country and that geographical location would no longer be an impediment to locating and conducting e-business anywhere in Ireland. "

and

'Commenting on the projects, the Minister said: "This is the first instalment of the single biggest allocation of public funds to the development of advanced communications networks. I anticipate that this funding, allied to private monies, will ultimately yield a total investment of over €750 million in e-commerce infrastructure over the coming years. '

this was on the 16th jan 2001 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i rest my case

anyway back to local development we have donegal local development, and a few others and none of them seem to want to actually do anything that will really Promote business the donegal county enterprise fund put in a business centre (26000 sq ft) with advanced IT infrastructure, as far as i know there is no fixed line into the place and the only occupants are existing buisneses who moved for the cheaper office space

i wouldn't hold your breath for any of these people to do anything useful, they are only interested in maintaining their own jobs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

what ever happened to this stuff and the companies

Esat is scooping it up with LLU -- the Government is paying for a significant percentage of their rollout program. It wouldn't surprise me if Eircom was doing a little hoovering too, perhaps upgrading exchanges and not rolling them out -- I've heard so many fairy stories about DSLAMS at this stage I don't know what to believe. And let's be honest, the gubberment doesn't have the brains to follow up on it.

adam

Advertisement