Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adrian Kenedy Show ? :E

Options
  • 28-08-2002 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

I know it can be a bit tacky but has anyone ever gone on air with Adrian kenedy to talk about the whole broadband/flatrate/IrelandOffLine ? I once rang into Chris barry bcz i couldnt get through to Adrian Kenedy and was talking about my ISDN problems, problem is he sided with Eircom! saying i was just a joe smuck wanting to scam them ;/

Well if alot of people were to e-mail adrians show im sure we could get our own show sometime.

I get the feeling its been done before, but if not :D

P.S. tried to get their e-mail but site is under construction ;(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Chris Barry is long gone mate, maybe you should try Niall Boylan (The new host at 98). He seems to be on 'our side' - I once called into his Sunday night show, ranting about my phone bill and whatnot - he agreed and said one of the things he couldn't stand paying for was an excessive phone bill, compared to electricity bills etc. He also gave me a free CD :D so one thinks he'd be the guy to rant to.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah you see though, they want stuff that gets rating, ie stuff that's controversial and will cause massive on-air fights. Normally they get on guy with a mad opinion and have him stay on air for the whole show, so people get annoyed, and they get hundreds of calls from people who want to talk to him.

Seeing as everybody who rings in will just agree with you that their phone bills are too high, there's not much content in a show based on it.
    I once rang into Chris barry bcz i couldnt get through to Adrian Kenedy and was talking about my ISDN problems, problem is he sided with Eircom! saying i was just a joe smuck wanting to scam them ;/

Same as above, he was trying to get a rise out of you to start an argument. Here on boards.ie - what threads are the biggest raters - Fights and Absolute rofflers - it's the same for them.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Most of the callers with the unreasonable opinions are actors/mates/plants... i.e. not real.
    I Thought everyone know that at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

totally off topic but a few years ago a mate of mine rang up both of em, chris barry and aidrian kennedy on the same night ranting got on air both times. on one he was a teacher who smoked hash and wouldnt stop any student he caught smoking it and later on the other he was a 23 year old sleeping with a 15 year old. have the tapes somewhere was quite funny. he wasnt paid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

How about the eamonn dunphy show or whoever is running it now..he normally has some good time spells and decent commentary on a subjecy...and he hates eircon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by seamus
    Ah you see though, they want stuff that gets rating, ie stuff that's controversial and will cause massive on-air fights. Normally they get on guy with a mad opinion and have him stay on air for the whole show, so people get annoyed, and they get hundreds of calls from people who want to talk to him.

Seeing as everybody who rings in will just agree with you that their phone bills are too high, there's not much content in a show based on it.

There's a (relatively) simple solution to this problem. Get an excuse for having someone ringing up and defending Eircom to the hilt. The result will be thousands ringing up to tell the world that the original caller must be some kind of nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ando

or you could get aiden to call up and threaten to kill certain eircon employees :))))))))) that'l get em going :D

Advertisement