Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I hate modders!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I currently have a 01 Fiesta with a 3" back box and an induction filter with 15" Kosei Sniper alloys, the back box is a bit noisy, but only if ya give it the revs, the car is extremely nippy since i fitted them.

"Muppet Modding" is what i'd call what your on about, over the top body kits that make the car look like its a very bad VERY bad design for a concept car, flip paint, body artwork, neon lights and the such, damn muppet cars, a load a little drug dealing prats with too much money and no taste.

I'm plannin on gettin a 306 and puttin a nice subtle ecosse kit on it, with some nice alloys, an induction kit, maybe a back box and maybe a bonnet vent.

Should look like this......

9389869866797200x150x1x0.jpg

any complaints???

Or as i plan to get a new car any ideas on what i should go for other than a 306? for around €15000?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Tinted windows are class. Not only providing security they dont shatter if broken...
    They are also handy - if you want to talk on your mobile while driving, have sex in the back seat, smoke drugs,check out chicks, also they keep the car cool on sunny days.
    I was in a loan car for a few weeks with no tinted windows and was lost. Kept on getting caught checking out chicks tits, no sex in the back seat, no drugs. Man it was hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

@DRAFFODX Your a bit of a hypocrit aint ya?
    U go on about "muppet modders" with their bodykits etc yet ur on about buying bonnet vents and ecosse kits for a 306 make up your mind mate!
    Who made u the standard bearer on car modification then?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'm on about gob****es who put loads of big pointless exhausts on there cars, who spray there cars mad colours with flip paint and graphics on there cars, lads who make there car look as wide and big and just ugly as possible, i'm on about adding to a cars existing lines and design to make it look just a little bit different to a standard model, not putting bodykits on a car that make it look like something out of a cheap sci fi movie.

It might sound a bit hypocritical goin on about idiots who mod there cars and then modding my own but i'm just trying to say theres a right way and a wrong way to do it, i'm gonna try do it the right way.

if thats ok with you!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Yea only 3 hours to go and I get my car back from the garage. I should have some pics up in the next day or two :).....

One Seat Ibiza kitted, tuned, ICE'd and slammed coming up :)

[modlist]
    Full Color coding
    Abbes WRC Kit
    Front Bumper
    Side Skirts
    Rear Bumper
    16" OZ F1 Plus
    Goodyear F1 Tires
    H&R Lowering springs (-30mm)
    Koni dampers
    K&N Panel filters
    Magnex 6 x 4 Oval exhaust (TBC)
    Panasonic 8 x CD Changer
    Full Sony Xplode speaker system
    [/modlist]

kayos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

Hey Kayos.Who supplied you with the Abbes Kit?I am selling my Ibiza soon cause I have a leon that will be fresh for modding next april.I seen the leon kit on the web but the site was in french so I couldn`t understand it.Can`t wait for the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by Bo Duke
    Hey Kayos.Who supplied you with the Abbes Kit?I am selling my Ibiza soon cause I have a leon that will be fresh for modding next april.I seen the leon kit on the web but the site was in french so I couldn`t understand it.Can`t wait for the pics.

A local garage (Galway) has a serious VAG head working there and he does the kits. Pop onto http://www.maxed-ie.net and start asking about abbes kits for you leon over there he might take on your project ;). He normally does VW, Audi, Porche and BMW cars, mine was his first Seat. He will not just slap on a kit and leave it at that you have to be prepared to do the works.

The pics will be a little while yet as I am going to wait till I get the exhaust fitted (delay in the parts) before I put them up. But the car is looking dead sexy I tell ya :)

kayos

Advertisement