Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs In The *Midlands* - Where do you recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

pubs in athy

smugglers
    emigrant
    murphys
    kanes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Flangans in mountmellick. No contest. Its won many awards over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cuchulann

Hey Im New Here. Im From Portlaoise. If You Like An Open Airy Bar I Recommend Egans. If You Like Irish Inimtate Small Bars I Recommend Sally Gardens. If You Wand To Be Seen In Portlaoise I Recommend Delaneys And If You Don't I Recommend BarMondays or Dan Kanes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭PaulHughesWH

The Caman Inn, Delvin, Co. Westmeath. Ceol, ol agus craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Cuchulann
    Hey Im New Here. Im From Portlaoise. If You Like An Open Airy Bar I Recommend Egans.

welcome :)

as for egans..I hate the fucking place. worked there for a few months and have come to hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cuchulann

That is a very biased remark. I ma sure that if you did not work behind the scence you would like Egans.

Its a smoke free, comfortable bar and just because you may have had bad experiences there does not make it bad bar to go in to!

yes, I do know it's a biased remark from personal experience tho I'm allowed make it :)

anyway..'nuff said on the subject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Has noone mentioned Seans Bar in Athlone (oldest in country) and the Castle Inn. For the Roscommon side of the town especially.

Raynards (previously mentioned) is a hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Tom's, Mountrath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Has noone mentioned Seans Bar in Athlone (oldest in country) and the Castle Inn. For the Roscommon side of the town especially.

Raynards (previously mentioned) is a hole.

Yay Seans is the best.. also in Athlone; Raynors, The Palace and The Prince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Peadars in Durrow,
    The Horseshoe in Abbeyleix,
    Egans on Portlousey

are my three favs along the N8! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Lainey wrote:
    pubs in athy

smugglers
    emigrant
    murphys
    kanes

Thankfully you didnt mention that dump Andersons.
    O Briens was always a nice pub, as was Dunnes at the top of the town.
    But then I often frequented Barney Dunnes in my yonger days so my standards may not be up to scratch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 musical_notes

Clarke's, Patrick St, Mullingar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 atlantis

Oh Dempseys in Tullamore is the best pub around. You can't go there and not have a good time. Having said that Loughreys and de Bruns are pretty good too although de Bruns is probably the dearest pub in Ireland outside of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭shelly04

atlantis wrote:
    Loughreys and de Bruns are pretty good too although de Bruns is probably the dearest pub in Ireland outside of Dublin.
    GREAT DRINKIN!! As is #1 infinity!!

shelly04 wrote:
    GREAT DRINKIN!! As is #1 infinity!!

Infinity is only good on Friday and Sunday nights though. Dempseys all week long.

mate a mine used to do dj in it on friday nites,think he does sunday nites now. ive only been ever in dempseys once. :o

Is your friends name Kieth? If it is I know him. He's a pretty good dj especially when hes drunk...

atlantis wrote:
    Is your friends name Kieth? If it is I know him. He's a pretty good dj especially when hes drunk...
    Yep!! Hes absolutly hilarious. Good mate. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

The Caman Inn in Delvin, its mobed on the weekends and the black stuff is the best you can get. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

keith higgins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 **katie**

voodoo wrote:
    In Portarlington, there are something like 26 pubs

Used to always go out in Port, it's not too bad compared to other towns in Laois. Nightlife IS ****, but at least it has one! Used to always go to The Spa, always good craic down there although there would sometomes be a few shady characters! But yes, if I was to go out in Port, out of the 26 The Anvil would be the place I'd pick, only because of the size and comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

best pub i've been in is the fishermans out near Ballybrittas in laois. its got a great mix in it. but its out in the middle of nowhere, it has the best pint i've ever tasted and theres alwas a buzz about it on the weekends whan ya get a savage crowd from port, portlaois and monsterevan.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 128 ✭✭MuchSavage

what ever any of ye do............do not go mojos in mullingar!!! same bloody thing every time u go.....every hates it but everyone still goes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭biggles007

pclancy wrote:
    Delaneys Portlaoise. Excellent Women, Beer, Music and Atmosphere. Also the bar upstairs (little havana) is class. Not very big but great vibe, cocktails/pitchers and again nice women.
    Try Hannigans Pub /Restaurant,beside the fire station in Cashel. Cost , Very reasonable,
    Quality , The best in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cretzing

has the Wolfetrap been mentioned yet. if not. the Wolfetrap. have i even spelt Wolfetrap right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 I_am_Peaceful

Knowles bar and lounge in crettyard south of stradbally :D:D:D:D :cool: :cool: :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 I_am_Peaceful

For stradbally people i heard that yee have a game rolling alcos from 1 pub to another is that true :confused::confused::confused::confused:

heh.

no. tis a vicious rumour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Skellies in Ballymahon

Haven't been there, or in ballymahon, for about a year, but it was pretty good when I went there. It was startin to become a bit of a kiddy pub but they always **** off to longford to get beaten up at around eleven or so.

Advertisement