Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs In The *Midlands* - Where do you recommend?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Machiavellian

pclancy wrote:
    its surprising cos i never see so many nice birds during the day in portlaoise. but they seem to flock to grellans at night. amazing.

Hmmmm... amazing, yeah... And do they all happen flock in around 11 o clock (while you nipped into the jacks) while simultaneously removing the uggers that had been there beforehand? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bog Troll

dts wrote:
    The Caman Inn in Delvin, its mobed on the weekends and the black stuff is the best you can get. :D:D

The caman is a kip! Passed thru delvin last week and stopped off here. Keith & co have gone and so has the atmosphere! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

lampsie wrote:
    If you're ever in Banagher (around 8 miles from Birr, tis big with the tourists), pop into Houghs pub (red facia, covered in ivy, beer barrels strewn about, mangy dogs running in and out, you know the type) - around 9 in the evening, this mental one and her band play trad music for the tourists...its one of those experiences that have to be seen to be believed.

Nice pints tho :)

Lampsie
    O lord done live too far away from banagher myself and went in there during the horse fair. I have never seen a place so dirty in all my life!The toilets are disgusting and theres like and inch of dust on most of the tables.Still the place is always packed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭celt262

I didn't read through the whole thread because i haven't time but where in Athlone is best spots for a group of lads on a Stag party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 genuineleather

Mullingar - Danny Byrnes, Canton Caseys, Caffreys.
    Tullamore - The Wolftrap, Dempsys, DeBruns.
    Athlone - Charlies Bar
    Moate - Cochranes
    Portlarlington - The Anvil
    Mountmellick - The Central Bar
    Rhode - Mulvins
    Rochfortbridge - Lysters
    Kinnegad - Brackens, Donnelys.
    Clonard - The Monastery (Food)
    Longford - Valentines, Farrells
    Granard - Mikes Bar
    Enfield - Flatterys, The Hamlet, The Midland.
    Moyvalley - Fureys (Food & Drink)
    Delvin - Caman Inn

Could keep going but too busy.....Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

IMO Sean's Bar and Gertie Browns are the best pubs in Athlone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mal26

Portarlington - The Anvil or O'Deas
    Rahan - The Thatch
    Birr - The Chestnut
    Killyon - Kavanaghs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Joeynegro

The Bridge House in Tullamore

And theres an award winning pub/restaurant in Birr but cant remember the name off hand now

Advertisement