Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic's PPV Game In the Clear tonight

• 28-08-2002 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Celtic-Basel Champions League Qualififier was in the clear all night. I had considered paying £7.99 to view it, but didn't.
    I switched on Channel 435 at 7.25pm, just before kick-off, and the whole macth was available for free.

I also checked via my FTV card, and it was also available on that.

Pity about the dismal result, though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Leesider
    Celtic-Basel Champions League Qualififier was in the clear all night. I had considered paying £7.99 to view it, but didn't.
    I switched on Channel 435 at 7.25pm, just before kick-off, and the whole macth was available for free.

I also checked via my FTV card, and it was also available on that.

Pity about the dismal result, though.

And there was me watching in it with French commentary, after that result though I'm sorry I watched at all, what a disappointing performance

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

I switched between, Basel/Celtic, Newcastle/???? and Jackburn/Liverpool. Great choice. One observation though was that the quality of picture between Skysports and Satanta was amazing. Why is that . If its always like that people are wasting their money with Satanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i stumbled across it by accident at half time
    i though they would be showwing the half time talk to entice you to buy but it was on for the rest of the match...

nice one

any ideas why this happened?
    is it to show you what you are missing by not paying up
    or did some engineer press the wrong button?

Also I have heard setanta advertising on today fm
    they say it cost only 7.99, no mention though about what currency it is priced in. I assume its sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

there was war at my house last night. i thought my brother ordered it :p i suppose i owe someone an apology :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

Looks like they couldn't cope with the demand. According to this report from the bbc they were overwhelmed with phone calls and the lines were jammed with some people being on the phone for hours.
    There is no mention of it being in the clear but they probably just gave up and gave it for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Setanta are developing a poor name for themselves. Whoever heard of a PPV channel that can't handle PPV subscriptions? There is also the issue of their picture quality, production, and promotions. They look very unprofessional when cast against SkySports.

Advertisement