Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online ATM

Options
  • 28-08-2002 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Seeing a fair few people online at the moment why not do away with the ineffective ICQ and the slowness of emails, etc, and get to IRC.

Simple fact: It's great, and it's realtime.

For those of you who dont have mIRC or similar you can go to "boards.ie" on the menu above you and then click on "Chatroom"

It'll bring you into a channel called "#boards.ie"

What you do then is type /join #CTYI

And hopefully I'll see you there! :)

For those with IRC use the quakenet servers, irc.b0rk.co.uk is my fav.

:)

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I'm there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Wow...i understood none of that
    don't i feel stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

www.mirc.com

Download mIRC, enter your details and select Random Quakenet Server from the server drop down list. Pick any nickname you want, prettymonster for example... it's not particularly important. When you have connected to Quakenet, a box will pop up with a list of channels in it... type "CTYI" in the box without the quotes and click Join... that should work for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Wow, i tried that soooo many times and it always failed. Fio tries it, and it works!

So, should we work out an op list, or just leave it as "at the current op's discretion"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

ARGH! You young whippersnappers and your "change"! THE WORLD IS FLAT DAMMIT! IT'S QUITE OBVIOUS! And don't even get me started on those damnable soul stealin what-ever they're called!

Kids today... punks the lot of them... them an there music...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I am noticing a distinct lack of use of the said item. I have been on it for most of the last 4 hours, with nobody being on it. C'mon! I'm the op! I need power!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

And we should leave it at the current op's discretion.

Advertisement