Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the story with PLC's?

Options
  • 28-08-2002 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

How do they work? If I wanted to do a course with 450 but only managed 350, could I do a year of PLC and then get into the course or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Depends on the course. Some colleges let you in for a diploma course after the PLC but it's difficult you're better off just doing a degree course, or repeat your LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I think if www.hetac.ie will provide you with more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i did a 2 year plc and now im entering the final year of a degree course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Didn't find hetac.ie much use. Could someone tell me if I could do a PLC for media / communications and tell me what the timespans would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Cian H

I'm doing one on sound engineering for a year and after that i can go on to do a number of media type courses in different colleges, look into the plc's coz there's a load you can do.

If u want more info just ask and i'll try and get it 4 ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Anyone who did the LCA will have to do a PLC if they want to go to college... I'm not particularly thrilled with this fact (asides from feeling screwed over), but however I'm gonna go and look for a good computer course to do, so I can get some formal certification and go do some further study in college. I don't recommend doing the LCA if you want to go to college after you've done your LC, or if you plan on doing any science subject, since this course is geared towards getting you into the workplace as soon as possible.

Advertisement