Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Party 2

Options
  • 29-08-2002 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

reclaim the streets 22nd september 2.30
    meet outside stephens green shopping centre
    everyone invited
    street party + car free day =:D

(no troublemakers - of any rank !)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

(no troublemakers - of any rank !)

I love it. I really really do. Considering the last debacle, do you really think this is going to get anything like the same amount of support? The carry-on from both sides left a bad taste in people's mouths, and still you're going to try it again. Madness!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i really cant see this going off without violoence....coz ppl will go to it looking for it...coz theres ppl out there with that mentality...its sad but true...also its the sabbath day...you should be resting and praying and going to church...hehehe...seriously though...it'd be great if it could be pulled off with no trouble and no problems and tonnes of ppl with smiles on there faces....but lets face it...those sortsa ppl are back in the 60's....and to a certain extent the 70's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Resist .

make all the excuses for yourselves you want .. you'll regret it if you miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

dont start telling me what i will and wont regret, i can tell for myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

make all the excuses for yourselves you want .. you'll regret it if you miss it.

Ah you're a sad sad person resist . This is exactly what I detest about people like you. You try to force your ideals/beliefs on everyone else like your way is the only way. Well you can stick yer street party up in yer a*se, cos I'm damned if I'm going. And I'm damn sure I won't regret it either!

• Advertisement

relax, didnt mean to sound condecending.

What i mean is, go if you want - if you're not going to go then no amount of me trying to persuade you will make you.

Be excellent to each other :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

Originally posted by Richie

Ah you're a sad sad person resist . This is exactly what I detest about people like you. You try to force your ideals/beliefs on everyone else like your way is the only way. Well you can stick yer street party up in yer a*se, cos I'm damned if I'm going. And I'm damn sure I won't regret it either!

isn't that exactly what *you're* doing? no need for that kind of crap, you shouldn't judge people in groups. but f*ck it, you will because you're obviously small minded and stupid. :rolleyes: you my dear, are exactly the kind of person that you and i detest. you should possibly rethink your opinions, or just listen to yourself when you talk. :p (i speak in jest, i do not wish to create vendettas with anyone).
    sHep :cool:

by the way, why is it at the green this time? it's already a public street with a frickin' park for chrissakes! won't people just end up in there? i'll probly go check it out though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Cat

No need to be bitchy to all who are, he's jst telling u whats happeniong. there's far less chance of there being any violence on the side of our beloved Gardaí this time cos of the amount of media coverage the last time got, u know the press will be out in their droves. hopefully all will go well&no1 will get hurt in neway.... I know I'll be there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

o what the rebels did.... and cancel it just before hand.......
    and then turn up the day after or beforehand?
    i dunno.... blame redmond i say... and eoin macneill....

but seriously who is INvader ZIm?
    and are you trying to mmake a point with these street parties similar to those made by CRITICAL MASS and other RTS in sydney etc.
    cause the cops actually help out there.......

ps. will there be a sound system?

http://www.nologo.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

go if you want to go,dont if ye dont - simple as that!! the last one was a good bit of crack until the sh!t hit the fan, which probably wont happen to bad this time. even though it "just a party" it is one with a "revolutionary" and political message so there will always be tension of some sort.

ferdi.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Cat
    No need to be bitchy to all who are, he's jst telling u whats happeniong. there's far less chance of there being any violence on the side of our beloved Gardaí this time cos of the amount of media coverage the last time got, u know the press will be out in their droves. hopefully all will go well&no1 will get hurt in neway.... I know I'll be there:)

that was what i meant but you said it more eloquently. go you. :D plus i was tired and cranky...that always happens when i have too much blood in my caffeine system...arg. and you're right, the gardai won't be able to do as much damage this time as the media coverage will be even wider than it was at the last one. crap, now how will i manage going and not ending up in a load of photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

i feel that many people who ordinarily would go along and support the street party may be a little apprehnsive about going along to the next one due to the events during and following the previous one. I think there may be a higher possibility of there being trouble makers at this one because of the problems earlier this year. They may feel more inclined to try and aggrevate or antgonise the gardai in an attempt to provoke a violent reaction from them in front of the large media presence which is likely to be present. Is there any way this can be prevented i.e. some form of guarantee from the organisers that this kind of disruption wont happen. This might encourage more genuine supporters to take part and support the Street Party.
    I dunno im sure that made no sense whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

O yet another debate about the street party-I agree with
    Kurdt that many ppl will go just to cause mayhem.

In a way that whole thing with the police may have attracted ppl

of the violent kind(sorta like football hoooooooooligans)

who just want to cause trouble and then u find no one knows what they are protestin about........and then u cant find ur shoe

and u think u are goin insane(at least thats what ur friends tell ya):p :D :cool:

'tis a good point but there's always going to be trouble makers at these kind of things. it goes with the territory and all that sh*te. ;) emm...what was i saying? ah yes, it's unfortunate that many of the people who go to it don't know what they're protesting about, but maybe they would be encouraged to find out about it afterwards. or something. that's the way it happened with me- i went to the one in may and i realised that i didn't know why i was there, so i started finding out about it so i'd know for the next one. melikes to lern. i've been online for waaay too long....

Yes there will be a sound system

Yes of course we are in league with Critical mass

Yes we are going to do our best to make sure that troublemakers can't ruin it

Yes most of the people at "these type of things" do know why they're there.

Yes please do come.

Advertisement