Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 reasons not to see LOTR

Options
  • 29-08-2002 4:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

thought it was funny ;)

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/50reasons.html

etract:
    Liv Tyler's character is seen easily defeating nine strong supernatural beings, even though she is clearly a woman.

Experts on the occult say in order for a wizard to floorspin a fully-grown man like Gandalf, he'd need three magical staffs, not two

etc ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

Propaganda.

The Elves, clearly the most advanced and wise species, are also clearly gay.

ROFFLE

but seriously though i thought LOTR was actually really good cant wait for the sequeal ! :p:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

IMO, the person who put that site together should be put out of thier misery, I volunteer to shoot him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

i agree with ray there. Great film.

I think the author was just takin the piss tho. No need to shoot him just yet :p

Wasn't really that funny. Some of the stuff he said was just plain stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I thought it was obvious the guy was just taking the piss. Funneh.

Homage or theft V?
    The concept of the violent dwarf was based on Al Pacino.

Hur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Gold: The Stretchy Element.

The ring, which is seen to be at least two inches in diameter at the beginning to fit the polish sausage-sized finger of Sauron, suddenly fits Frodo's child-sized finger later. I guess this movie takes place in a world where rings magically change sizes on their own.

Actually, that ring DID change size... if you remember, once it was off Sauron's finger, and your man held it, it changed to fit his finger, or it shrunk... one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Go-Go Gadget Arrow Sprouter

Legolas shoots arrow after arrow at his enemies, and yet the number of arrows in his quiver never decreases. I guess elves have glands on their back that secrete arrows.

roffle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

/me risks being stabbed. BUt I think LOTR Was crappy........ and that point about greed yer man/woman makes is sooo true, at least in most sequeled films, there is a least a little conclusion at the end of the first, or subsequent films.... LOTR just ends ffs, I left the cinema feeling robbed of my £2.5, I sat for god knows how long to be told nothing by the end of the film. Shíte if you ask me.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'll have to agree with Jabba.
    Some of it was funny, but some of it was just downright stupid.

Originally posted by Lump
    /me risks being stabbed. BUt I think LOTR Was crappy........ and that point about greed yer man/woman makes is sooo true, at least in most sequeled films, there is a least a little conclusion at the end of the first, or subsequent films.... LOTR just ends ffs, I left the cinema feeling robbed of my £2.5, I sat for god knows how long to be told nothing by the end of the film. Shíte if you ask me.

Tbh, Lump... I hope to god you really ARE joking, otherwise I will stab you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

That top 50 is hilarious :)

You could do some serious trolling with some of them, as even a few replies here have proved :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

whats "trolling"?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

its where you post something which provokes serious replies from people (though you were not serious)

troll.jpg
    wwmansupertroll.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Homage or theft X?
    The character of Elrond was based on Agent Smith from The Matrix.
    Thats believeable!

Angelwhore, I wasnt joking.

John

P.S Gwan stab meh, I dare ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

/me stabs lump to death with a rusty spoon

Save ye the bother AW :)

Awwwww, I was hoping for a meat injection.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Originally posted by Kennett
    Gold: The Stretchy Element.

The ring, which is seen to be at least two inches in diameter at the beginning to fit the polish sausage-sized finger of Sauron, suddenly fits Frodo's child-sized finger later. I guess this movie takes place in a world where rings magically change sizes on their own.

Actually, that ring DID change size... if you remember, once it was off Sauron's finger, and your man held it, it changed to fit his finger, or it shrunk... one or the other.

True, and one more they got wrong,

Return of the Living Dead.

If you watch closely during the Inn scene, Frodo and his crew are shown getting stabbed by the Ring Wraiths. Then, five seconds later, they are fine again. Note to the director: try proofreading your movie before you release it to the public.

Actually, they were in the house across the road when the supposed "stabbing" took place, the beds were filled with sacks of feathers....lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Originally posted by Death Sentence

True, and one more they got wrong,

Return of the Living Dead.

If you watch closely during the Inn scene, Frodo and his crew are shown getting stabbed by the Ring Wraiths. Then, five seconds later, they are fine again. Note to the director: try proofreading your movie before you release it to the public.

Actually, they were in the house across the road when the supposed "stabbing" took place, the beds were filled with sacks of feathers....lmao

oh.. lol, have 2 more wrongs...lol

Did someone say plot hole?

Liv Tyler's character is seen easily defeating nine strong supernatural beings, even though she is clearly a woman.

Maybe coz she is an ELF who used magic to drown them.

and.....

no wait... the WHOLE thing is a major SHAM... u sad muppet. :D

all i can say is..
    LOL

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Seeing as its posted on a website called "pointlesswasteoftime.com" and
    some of the objections are UNBELIEVABLY dumb I think you could concur that its a TROLL.

As is lump.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

i woulda expecteed ppl to kop onto that tbh :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Read the forums, see hundreds of people pwned just like AW.

Advertisement