Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Metal affect your mood or does your mood affect your metal

Options
  • 29-08-2002 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Just wondering, if you stick on some tunes on your player, does the music grab you and perhaps change your mood in any way? Or does the mood you're in affect what tunes you listen to?
    If so, what bands can swing you easily, or what albums?
    For me, Misery Loves Companys first album always makes me pissed when I listen to it. Same goes for Diabolus in Musica by Slayer, City by Strapping Young Lad & sometimes We have come for your Parents by Amen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

i find that all metal(bar nu and/or goth,but we wont go there now) has a calming effect on me :)
    and effect of music sooths the savage beast or something like that. i find that especiaolly heavy music has a stringer calming effect on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

bands like nightwish or kamelot tend to calm me down, while stuff like in flames or dark tranquility are good if you need some energy about ye :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Morbid Angel's Domination album always gets me out of a bad mood. Pantera and Slayer usually let me take out my anger on a punchbag :D . And bands like Down, Led Zeppelin and some Black Sabbath stuff helps me to wind down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I don't know...I think it jsut depends on wether I'm píssed off or not...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Does Metal affect your mood or does your mood affect your metal

No.

Random numbers do.

• Advertisement

ð....

Thats all I can say...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tricky's Excess makes you feel evil. Glassjaw makes me hyper.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I only ever put music on that I am in the mood to listen to at that particular time, so it will always make me feel better anyway.

I'd like to modify my last response...

The presence of small fluffy bunnies and custard can offen affect the sub-section of metal I put on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

FS, look what you've started Robbo!

Besides, the theory that random numbers dictating one's taste has been long since dismissed.
    Unless you're Lee Harvey Oswald.

And of course, if that doesn't make sense to you, you're an idiot.

• Advertisement

I'd say the "The Catcher In The Rye" could be a pretty big influence then...(cf. Mark David Chapman)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭LURCH

its not so much the music that effects my mood, its the volume, if im in a kinda p1ssed off mood i will pump the volume waaaaaaayyyy up, to try and block out everything. when down, music sometimes dissappears altogether, but whenever im in a good mood (most times :)) its just sitting around the semi loud level. i listen to metal music about 10 hours a day, its weird to have it off :o

Good point that...

Even though its kind of silly if ur píssed off and you play Gemma Hayes at full volume...

Advertisement