Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Bundling Question.

Options
  • 29-08-2002 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Lo laeds :)
    Just wondering if you can bundle more than 2 isdn lines together.
    say for example to to bundle 4 lines together for 256k? Who supports this (which ISP if any), what hardware is needed or is their anyone I can ring about it (Eircon, Eshat etc?)

Cheers for all help! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

point to point rather than point to ISP

graphics/printing people with Macs use a gizmo called a 4sight or wamnet card to do this , such as between a repro house and a printer. I thinkwamnet is available for PC or mac but is is costly and proprietary.

It allows you to bond up to 8 D channels giving a speed of 512k or so as long as both ends have the right amount of ISDN lines.

ISP's generally only allow 64k for their free customers except for (ISTR) UTV internet. Their paying customers are generally allowed to multilink 128k but I think ESAT only allows it if you pay a higher monthly rate. No ISP will allow you to exceed 128k on ISDN

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Standard ISDN as used by a consumer is Basic rate isdn, that is the 2 B channels and 1 D channel.

Also available is Primary rate ISDN, which is 23B channels and a 64kb D channel.

I've never come across anywhere that has primary rate isdn. Most offices I've worked in have several basic rate isdn lines as a pose to the one primary rate line.

One possiblity, would be to plug several TA's into a linux box and configure some sort of QOS to distrubute load amongst the various connections....

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 rolo2912

UTV is supporting this on there free account as well. In my case I have a cheap ISDN Card and I just select the 2 channels to connect to and it does it.
    All other ISP failed on there free or subscription services. UTV even supports multilink modem connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

Try UTV for this by calling them you never no:D

Advertisement