Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest threat to world peace

Options
  • 29-08-2002 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this on news this morning. Thought I'd try it here.

Who is the biggest threat to world peace? 1 vote

Saddam Hussain
    0% 0 votes
    George W. Bush
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Saddam Hussien is without a doubt the biggest threat to Middle Eastern Peace with the current Isreali Government a close second. However Mr. Bush and his hawks are without doubt a threat to the whole stability of the world. Looking at the long list of previously allied Arab nations that are coming out against any military action and examining the reaction or should I say non-reaction of GWB & mates is worrying to say the least.

What is really motivating these guys is the fact that Saudi Arabia is shakey at the moment and if the US get their hands on Iraq and put in place a friendly (sorry I mean "democratic") government they can tell the Saudis and OPEC to stick their oil where the sun don't shine. Also bear in mind there are elections coming up next year and theres nothing like a good war to hide the economic deficiencies (and worse) of the Bush administration .

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cowlren

~500 votes out of 6 million (correct me if i'm wrong)

Life imitating art again, looks like the wag the dog scenario:
    Bush in trouble over economics, Afghanistan bombing not the pr success hoped, sojust move down the list to public enemy number two.
    Timing for the election is perfect, the republican backed war industry or should that be the weapons industry backed republicans have had budget increases, so they might as well use what they paid for.
    The final nail in the coffin, winter war is better for logistics in the middle east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭JacquesPompidou

The Isreali Sharon who has been responsible for various war crimes

Advertisement