Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Add - Musicals

• 29-08-2002 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭

Let's see if there is much interest in this. If anyone would like to see this here pop a reply up.

For all things Musical, new/old/fave etc....

BTW anybody get the real reason that Miss Saigon was cancelled last Saturday, told it was for technical reasons. I haven't been offered a replacement ticket, only my money back...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

definately! i pm'd cloud about it coz i wasnt sure how to go about it. we could tie it up with theatre as well maybe?
    but i'd post on it anyways!

i dont know why it was cancelled. my friend's playing in the orchestra though and he said one night one of the cast members got sick onstage, and they had to close the curtains and clean up and get back to it...how awful!

saw miss saigon last week, i wasnt as impressed with the music as i though i'd be, but...thats another discussion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Good idea drowner, Theatre could cover Musical\Plays etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Thumbs up for a theatre board that would be fantastic. Musicals irritate the feck out of me but they have their place I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

I love it. i love plays and musicals. hopefully heading to miss saigon in september.

I went to the graduate in new york a few weeks ago. Kathleen Turner, Alicia Silverstone and Josh Radnor were in. they were all hilarious (especially radnor).

Great play, probably the funniest i've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Love theatre, I try and go once a month but dont always manage it... :(

Theatre would be a good one I reckon...

By the way, if you get a chance check out Da in the Abbey (if it isnt already gone). I went to see it with my dad and the two of us fell around the place laughing at it.
    Its quite an insightful play.

DeV.

can me and the celtic tiger be moderators? please please please?????? *lol* i just want to have somethig beside my name other than stars and garfield ;);)

last thing i went to see was pride and prejudice in the gate...twas good, its gotten great reviews, and theyve made the father character very humorous

whats da about, devore? without givnig anything away...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its about a guy who returns to the family home from London to bury his father and the memories it brings back as he picks up the loose ends of the life he left behind there and he confronts his conflicted feelings about his da.

Its quite funny at times and serious at others but very enjoyable and the script is razor sharp.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by the celtic tiger
    I went to the graduate in new york a few weeks ago. Kathleen Turner, Alicia Silverstone and Josh Radnor were in. they were all hilarious (especially radnor).

Great play, probably the funniest i've ever seen.

bastard - i was trying to get tickets for it - what did they cost ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i bought them as a present for my family. 4 of us went and it cos t me $207.

well worth it though. i didn't get them at tkts, i got them at the ticket sale place on time square the day before. they were up in the rear mezzanine, but still had a perfect view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

as a former person of the stage i would love it if there were a place to discuss musicals etc...

Have we got enough for a quorum here. If not, is prob best to close the thread. If yes, Theatre would probably be a better name than Musicals, would encompass a greater range.

Thanks,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

How about "Arts"?

John.
    --

Sounds like a good idea that. Would leave it open to all aspects of "The Arts" too, would probably widen the base of interest aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

It seems theres a chance to do a bit of organisation here.

How about having Arts or Arts/Culture as a Main Menu. With Films, TV, Art/Anim, Music and all its forums, Literature and the theatre forum.

After hours would still have a fair few forums in it and Irish Pubs could be moved to it (its spiritual home imo ;) )

I'll buy that for a dollar. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I agree with Dustaz and offer my services as Theatre board mod.

I've quite a strong interest (and experience... and connections) in the world of theatre/drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Theatre created - I'll have a look at the reclassification in a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

How about "Arts"?

How about "Arse"?

I actually saw Miss Saigon in London and it rocked, as did Five Guys Named Moe; but musicals are still for wussies...

adam

© dahamsta's trolls inc, all rights reserved

Advertisement