Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't get her out of my head!

• 29-08-2002 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going unregged for this..

Im just back from holidays and the last couple of days of my holidays I was with someone whom I got on really well with. My only regret now, is that when we got back to the airport, I didn't have enough courage to go over and ask her for her number - granted she was with a gang of friends - but twas no excuse really!

Anyway, now im doing me nut because I want to see her again. Im not sure how she felt about me but I want to ask her out. If she says no, at least I can put my mind at rest, but for the moment its driving me crazy that I didn't ask her.

Anyway the problem I have is that I don't have her mobile number but I know where she lives, just the estate and not the house number. I also know that she works in a primary school in a certain area but I dont know the exact one.

I have two possible approaches to this. I could sit outside the entrance to her estate till I see her, but that seems so sad - I don't want to appear as a stalker!! Alternatively, I could ring each of the schools asking if she works there, but again, I don't think I could do that. (Besides, to throw another spanner in the works, im not sure if I have her correct surname, but im almost sure I do)

So my question to ya'll is, does anoybody know of another way I could find her. Does anybody here have access to other means of finding somebody?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

jesus, no ones gonna touch this one with a 10 Foot pole.
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Phone book?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Gaz

Seems like a lot of hassle to be honest, just enjoy the holiday for what it was and move on.

You have more aless mentioned the only ways to find her but unless she gave off signals that she REALLY liked you , your going to come across as a sad stalker. Move on !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Hmm yeah try that phone book option first , dont think they have an online data base of teachers but might be worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Hobnail Monkey

Holiday romance - leave it at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

holiday romances are always fun and there is always that let down feeling when it comes to an end. it can last for quiet a while becuase you only have memories of good times to look at and it kind of distorts your view.
    besides, to be honest, most people are quiet different on holiday. they have no worries, they have no problems, they are enjoying the sun and the sex without the problems of everyday life.

find her if you must, but chances are you will find out oyu are both totally unsuitable at the end of the day.

of course, you may find you are.

why didnt you get her number?
    if you like her so much, then you should have. and now you like her so much youre going to start stalking her?
    and what if she turns around and says go away, you were a holiday fling, let it go.
    what will you do then?

just stuff to think about it.

personally, id let it lie mate. enjoy the memories. use it as a bit of an ego boost that someone liked you, and go an enjoy your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Well Lambay rules and all that - it is often best to leave holiday romances overseas where they belong.

However this is not even a holiday romance is it? You just 'got on well' - now it could be the case that she wanted to say something as well and didn't and you are both thinking of what might have been. But it probably is not.

Generally if someone does not give contact details out when on holiday it is because they are not looking for something for when they get back. Even if someone does give details it does not always mean they want to see you again ... I have frequently given contact details away while abroad and then prayed to merciful Jebus that they would not contact me.

If i really did want to stay in touch, I have and would make the effort - but you have to judge everything on an individual level, as far as I am concerned I just know when I would get on with someone and whether I should call them. True there are probably the odd chances I am missing out on which I avoided because I was not sure - but I can live with that.

I think you should let it go - stalking is bad.

Although if you are looking for an idea - maybe tear one of your neices or nephews out of school, send them to her school, and then just 'pick them up one day' and comment on what a small world it is as you brush against her arm ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Jak

Although if you are looking for an idea - maybe tear one of your neices or nephews out of school, send them to her school, and then just 'pick them up one day' and comment on what a small world it is as you brush against her arm ...

Well theres an extreme idea .../me laughing out loud!

I was on a ski-ing holiday earlier this year and similar story got on great with a lovely lass....she was very good at the ski-ing and always first down the mtn...except for this one time at the very steep top, a gang of terror kids crashed into me an caused me to tirade down the mtn at an allmighty pace!( my snow plough was at that stage quite good but useless at 60+mph...)

Anyhow , the lass sped on down to see if I was alright and from there we became good holiday friends for the last two days.
    Different flights home and didn't get the contact details.
    I moved on, ...thought about the maybe's and if onlys for a week or two and then it died... :)
    Moral of story-unfortunately you should move on .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Ah the good old holiday romance story.

A lot of people just like to come back and forget about the people they were with on holiday. Maybe its best to just move on.

Hanging around her Estate or ringing schools seems a bit like being a stalker. You might even get reported to the police if you're lucky. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

tell her local police that a woman called (her name here) has been sending you threatening letters and that she mentioned the estate (dont leave your name).
    they'll check it out and ask her down the station.
    hide beside station till they let her go, follow her home and note address.
    get job as local pizza boy and call to house asking if they ordered pizza, when she goes no BUT OH I REMEMBER YOU offer her free pizza, catch up over italian and watch the grandkids roll in.
    pretty obvious really.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement