Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esatclear No Limits still active!

Options
  • 29-08-2002 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,
    Just listening to the discussion on Radio 1 and just wondering have anyone else still got access to the esatclear no limits service.
    The time the dreaded letters went round, I recieved one, and I also taught the whole service was to be shut down, but I still use it.
    I started using the esat service years ago when there was a different price structure, cant remember the details but it wasnt unlimited, think it had something to do with 5 p a min and sub charge!
    The price charges have gone up recently, (flat fee of 33.73 ex vat) and still paid to Esat Fusion.
    The line doesnt seem to be capped (45kbps, Clondalkin area) and I hammer the line for at least 9 hrs in the evening.
    Anyone else still have the pleasure of using the service, really like to find out!
    Cheers

Derek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I am still able to use it - although not terribly often as they won't let me change the phone number I dial up from so it's a little awkward.

I still get a decent speed connection.

If and when Esat BT are going to cancel the service completely is yet a mystery to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Yeah, a lot of us are still using the service, as mentioned in a lot of threads...
    If you called and complained when you received the letter, then they didnt cut you off.
    I can't remember what the price is exactly, but I think it's still £20 (whatever that is in Euros...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 arceye

Im only after changing the number of the line i use, and all i had ta do was fill in a form.

Originally posted by arceye
    Im only after changing the number of the line i use, and all i had ta do was fill in a form.

er... I'm skeptical... who did you ring to get this form? - or better still .... it's not on the web, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

That right - I moved appartments (and exchanges) recently and I was able to change my CLI. Give them a call Niall.

K

{edit}

To clarify: call their customer care and they'll post you the forms. Apparently they've changed their policy on this recently - it was "unfair to kick people off just because they'd had to change their phone number" according to the rep I spoke to. Who am I to disagree?

{/edit}

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

My brother was able to change is number in january, you've been fobbed off for too long my friend! Wouldn't you be sickened if you'd humbly agreed with them and started paying through the nose? Wonder how they got away with that?

groovy!

Rang them up, talked about it, - forms are in the post :)

and yeah- that is definitely a policy change, as previously they flat out refused to change the number saying "that would mean closing your existing account and opening a new one, and we can't take any new accounts" - even though they'd changed the number for me before when I'd' moved.

Sorted now anyway... nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I got exactly the response Bard refers to when I tried to move my connection about two years ago, new house = new account and there's no new accounts.
    What really galled me though was that I sent a letter to the customer service manager explaining that when I moved, I called them up and was told the account should be swapped over to my new number within three days. After a month I called back and got the new account story.
    Did I receive a nice apologetic response from said manager? Did I ****! Not even an acknowledgement of receipt for it or the subsequent letter I sent to say I was still waiting on a response!
    Tossers!

(excuse the language but it still makes my blood boil when companies are plain ignorant)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm still a happy user of SNL! I wonder if it would be possible to change my details to a ISDN line (single channel)? Single channel ISDN would be better than 28.8/33.6kbps! Plus it would mean internet wouldn't conflict with using the phone, another problem. Though, i'm to believe errrrcom won't upgrade your line to ISDN if they have your line connected to a DACS thingy

Another thing, is SNL limited to 75 hours per month? I hope not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Another thing, is SNL limited to 75 hours per month? I hope not :rolleyes:

No. There :D "literally are no limits"* This was basically an unsubstantiated rumour started by Esat CS

Usual rules still apply though - they can still cut you off for not being within the magic "spirit of the service"

Having said that, I was told that my reconnection would essentially be a new contract and that a new statement of terms and conditions would be sent out. Never received it (and I'm willing to bet it was never sent). I think I'd have a hard time convincing a court that the conditions no longer apply though.

*which as some will remember was once the "catchphrase" of the service

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 arceye

**I'm still a happy user of SNL! I wonder if it would be possible to change my details to a ISDN line (single channel)? Single channel ISDN would be better than 28.8/33.6kbps! Plus it would mean internet wouldn't conflict with using the phone, another problem. Though, i'm to believe errrrcom won't upgrade your line to ISDN if they have your line connected to a DACS thingy**>>>>>>

You can change your service onto the new number of ur ISDN, if ya wish. Dont know if the supply ISDN service in EsAt, I find it really expensive running ISDN through Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I was one of the lucky people to stay on Nolimits. I don't think I'd be able to live without it seen as I've never paid per min since June 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

the no-limits package is now €40 every two months i think. It might be for one month but i think my esat bill is a two month bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

It's actually €41.98+vat @ 21% = €50.80 payable every 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

I've still got it up too.. but I can never drag meself off it at 8 am, so... (8:13 am now..)

Anyway, after I moved house from Clondalkin, when I went in (I was bored and in town) to their place on the grand canal in town to give in me crumpled up, unprofessional looking form, some CS chick told me that basically people put way more strain on the system than they expected, and they'd been cutting anyone off who logged on more than 70 hours a month.
    I told her this was odd, as I logged on for 70 hours in a week, and would just leave it downloading mp3s and such at whatever bandwidth I got.

Getting 52kbps connections now having moved to Cabra.

Go northside slightly advanced phone lines!

But really... all the possible broadband companies I've seen start their online spiel with "We offer your company:" or "What your business needs...".

Has Ireland become that bloody business minded that everything revolves around suits now?

And as we've all seen, eircom's offer only really seems to apply to businesses anyway...

"Connection fee is 199.65 inc VAT. - Monthly fee is 107.69 inc. VAT.

Additional equipment required: ADSL USB modem 175.45 inc. VAT or ADSL Ethernet modem 242 inc. VAT.

For the monthly download allowance is 3GB.* "

Right, so that's... 200 +175 + 108, so..... 483 euros or so for the first month, then another 107.69 monthly, and if you go over their 3 gb limit, you get charged through the nose.

How long does that take at 512kbs? 13.65 hours... so you're basically paying 107 euros a month for half a day's downloading.

Great... :P

*rant*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ihatemushrooms

check other thread for IOL / Esat BT new product launch

maybe of some help

Advertisement