Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst angle ever

• 29-08-2002 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

well come on people, in any fed, in any era what was the worst angle you ever saw

Personally was Mark Henry with Mae Young, especially when she gave "birth" to the hand - plain flucking stupid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

the worst angle for anyone one with even half a brain has to be any time the rock wins a match for crying out loud if it wasn't for the wwe's sound editing he would have been found out to be the peoples chump a long time ago
    the only other bad angle i can think of is having the ayatollah of rock n rolla as a chicken **** or maybe yet another canadian/anti american/un american angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Saturn and moppy,and Al snow and Head was just absolute sh*t,what were they thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Hobnail Monkey

The Rock and Sock connection - sort of pi$$ed all over Mick Foleys Career really.
    Oh yeah, and the whole ECW and WCW buyout. A tragedy from the beginning!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

Yeah I'd go along with that one actually about wcw/ecw.
    It wasn't bad enough that they got rid of the competition that actually made wwf, but they ruined about a years worth of storylines because they just couldn't figure out how to do the invasion properly.
    I'm still amazed that it lasted what about 3-5 months, way too short for a storyline that could be still running, just proves the lack of creativity of the writers today and the fact they didn't hold on and have some of wcw's bigger stars part of the invasion.
    For example if they were so intent on bringing back the nwo, why not have done it in a copy of how it started on nitro?
    And as for the unification of the titles, it was a joke, well here's the wcw title belt held by greats by Steamboar,flair,sting,bret even goldberg and oh it's just been unified with the i/c belt so we never have to talk about that again.
    And don't get me started on the unification of the two world titles, how that wasn't saved for WM, I'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Stacey Keibler and Vince Mcmahons relationship
    the failed attempt to bring back DX
    Introducing stephanie as GM of smackdown, Shane would be much better as he has ran the wwe before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

ah - so many

russo as wcw champ
    anything to do with sable
    steph as womens champ - in fact womens wrestling in general
    rocks first face run
    gillberg
    lo-down & tiger ai singh
    the piledriver album - remember the likes of koko be ware & vince singing! - though i liked the slick song for some bizare reason
    the twin towers
    buldogs feud with the islanders over matilda
    robin leech and dibiasse
    virgil and the million dolare belt
    oh - i could go on for ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Not an angle . more of a gimmick .... but I'd have to go with 'The Red Rooster'. A young wrestler called Terry Taylor who didn't have a gimmick was taken under Bobby Heenans 'wing' and was made into this brainless character who 'strutted his stuff' around the ring whilst taking on the persona of a farmyard cockerel.

Seeing is believing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

oh - you just reminded me of hector gurrero dressed up as the gobldy gooker - a giant chicker/turkey or somethin that 'hatched' out aof a giant edd at the survivor series in 90 - it was one of the draws for the ppv and got thoroughly booed by the crowd in attendance - a low point during the era of crappy gimmicks and angles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

Has to be Mark Henry/ Mae Young

BTW, I was watching that old One Night Only, the one with Bret Hart VS The Undektaker and Hart gets hangmanned... I burst out laughing at a line in Undertaker's prmo:

"This time, there will be no one hiding in the shadows..... waiting to hit me over the head with a chair."

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Here's a few;
    David Arquette becoming WCW champion
    Robocop helping out Sting
    Billy & Chuck getting engaged
    And all the other ones mentioned really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hak

battledome invading wcw,
    the giant (big show) falling off a bulding in wcw in 1995
    and bossman killing al snow's dog all spring to mind but there's many many more out there.
    i also found goldust giving ahmed johnson mouth to mouth at king of the ring 96 quite un-neccesary too.
    hope billy & chuck don't have to put each other in a lip lock next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

This Billy and Chuck angle is just the stupidest piece of Sh*t the WWE has produced in along time,i'd like to know where they think the can go with this angle.

The Billy and Chuck gimmick is terrible . I am not anti gay but i just dont want to see it . As a tag team they are not too bad but this is just terrible. Mabey this is a way of making them the most hated tag team at any cost . Expect a big push for them .

Just thinking remember the APA got a new T-Shirt "Always Pounding Ass" !! Wonder who thought of that .

Advertisement