Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-G-G-Galway!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Nope Daveg, was responding to young phobos there, suppose I shoulda quoted him or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'm definitely up for the 28th barring all nuclear apocalypses etc.

This weekend seems very much up in the air???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Originally posted by Panda

funny that, i kinda know Damian whatshisname used to work with him, he said he was in a band called Diptheria, and there cant be that many of them around. :)

their sound is supposed to be a bit err, different, havnt heard them myself though...

any good?

/me lols :D

yeah Gaymian is in Diphtheria.they are currently just about to release their second demo. they are Death Metal and havea very Immolation(if you dont know..you are better off!).

One song I love is called Slay The Nazarrine - they have the full intro with a speech they got off some film.
    "Disciples of the watch..." etc... Madness
    that was their first song :D the sample is off the omen 2/3(cant remember).
    right enough of the Diphtheria plug..

all me old mates from school are in college in galway,in various states of repeats.galway seems to have it all(unless you lived there all your life :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Do ya know the bennets by any chance ? Parents were away for alot of the summer and I spent quite a bit of time there. Think they own a place on shop street, Treasure Chest.
    Mark, I used to live across the street from them. But I don't know them very well. My parents/grandparents know them very well. I'm not one of the nosy neighbour posse, so I tend not to interfere too much with neighbours.

Actually since I've moved in to Knocknacarra (9 months ago), I haven't bothered to speak to anyone in the estate. I couldn't be bothered. They don't interfere with me, I don't use my decks at night.

But as far as I know, you stumbled across some very nice (and may I say wealthy) people. The most puzzling part of it all, is how the fúck did you manage to get in to that house without them calling the cops :p

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

"Hello, I'm here to check your meter"

• Advertisement

Nah it was probably along the lines of

"I know Sergio" (smirnoff *ice, how clear is your concience ;))

;-phobos-)

Was going out with the daughter for a while and since her parents were away and she frequented the Oasis, parties were plentiful. Being the hostesses fella, we got first choice of bedrooms, hope none of her m8s are on here, could be a bit funny ;)

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    hope none of her m8s are on here, could be a bit funny ;)
    Why?, are you afraid you're going to be caught out telling lies :p
    only messin.

How long were yez an item?. Which one of the Bennets was it?, and How much wood could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Christ this is turning into Spotted Galway...

All we need is for someone to ask who's the tight arséd blonde that sat in frount of them in a lecture....

Adeline, couldn't remember her name for the first couple of days either. Alot of that summer is still a blur, when ya work in a club alot of the beer is free, which is cheap enough for me. ;)

Do mine eyes deceive me or is that an animated sig Deco ???

• Advertisement

Tis indeed...its called pushing the boat....:)

Decided to stop pushing the boat out...:)

wise choice.

Tell me, are you going anywhere on the 28th?

Big Galway Boards Beer in progress of being announced.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=62707&pagenumber=4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Nope, have to work. :(

I'm from Oughterard, BTW
    *dueling banjos plays in the backround

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Born in Moycullen, moved to Maree for a few years, been in Barna ever since. Father from Devon Gardens, mother from Dalysfort Rd (opposite Leisureland)

I would have lived right beside your parents homes. I lived on Dr. Mannix Rd (adjacent to Dalysfort), then the Maples (beside Devon park/gardens). I grew up in that part of Salthill, so I know the area very well, and most of my friends still live there.

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

No. 1 Devon Gardens, the Fahys :) My granny still lives there.

Tis a small world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Genesis

From Barna/knocnacara mum from tipperary dad from galway,
    way too many knackers,and this town has an uncannie smell of fish :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Originally posted by Genesis
    way too many knackers,

Too bad there Genesis, I used to live down there as u shud remember but i moved to bigger and better places, just OUTSIDE knocknacarra (tinker town;))

Been Livin' here bout' 7yrs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Everyone seems to live in Knocknacarra now!! not that hard with the size of it, pity the would not put signs on the estates, save spending an hour telling the taxis where we live!!

Knocknacarra's a hole.

Long Live Greenfields (pron. Creemfeelds)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Langer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Salthill myself.

Salthills a hole :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

How-Man - that sig is against the sig regulations, so get rid of it.

Oh yeah, Salthill roxors!

Originally posted by yop
    I'd be interested in knowing why you think so?

- [ P L E A S E E L A B O R A T E ] -

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by yop

Must... Resist... Urge... To... Use... Edit...

I was just starting a trend!!! :p

Salthills grand, plenty of nites watching the footie in Davys locker so I cannot complain!!

Actually to be honest I am sick of Knocknacarr, the place is grand, just waaaaaayyy too many houses been fired up, no green spaces, no parks, you know what I mean if you live there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DroneWorker

Went from TirEllen Heights to Renmore out to the edge of the sticks in Castlgar. Live within walking distance of two pubs. Haven't been near Salthill since the airshow in 1998 (I think), been in Knocknacarra twice. The only reason I ever cross the river is to find a computer lab.....

Advertisement