Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Cafes in Limerick?

Options
  • 29-08-2002 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

just wondering are there any good ones.. that do on line gaming etc.. or if there is any news planned for a nethouse or somthing

Thanks

-adren-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sure about gaming, but there is one just off Cruises St (on one of the side streets joining up with William St.) that charges only €1 an hour. Seems like good value.

Not sure if they are DSL or Powernet, though ---- €1 could equate to a 56k dialup. :)

I'd be interested to hear if any of them do gaming, though....

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by TmB
    Not sure about gaming, but there is one just off Cruises St (on one of the side streets joining up with William St.) that charges only €1 an hour. Seems like good value.

It's on the street just in front of you when you exit Bewleys (or the "Cruises Street Cafe") and walk straight for William Street. Lots of big signs. Haven't been in there though.

Might be worth checking out Websters (Thomas Street, on the right as you walk from Catherine Street up to Wickham Street) - they may do a gaming service.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Moviedrome on Henry Street ( opposite the "Corner Flag" pub ).

They have about 6 pc's in the back with Counter-Strike on.

They connect using Powernet.

Patrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i just got a job in websters on thomas st i might drop a few hints on how popular network gaming might be,if we get it running ill let ye know.what kind of games do you want???i would be going for AOE2,RTCW,Q3,CS any others??? also i was thinking about setting up a wireless network to connect a few net cafes in limerick and have some serious gaming tournments,but for this to work we will need alot of interest also i want to tinker around with wireless kit before i approach any net cafes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

All of the ones you listed of course!

i just wanted to know if you had anything to add to the list and also how many would be interested,ill post up the pc specs when i go into work.if it gets enough interest the boss will do it and ill gladly look after it and set it up,just need 2 know how ppl,times ect [night time mostly]how much do the other ppl in limerick charge???

k here are the specs 8 pIIIs,wit 128mb ram,they all have nec tft moniters i think they are 17" but the prob is the graphics cards are ATi 3d rage pro wit 4mb so they will need 2 b upgraded,i would say we would be able to hold events anyday after 7 or 8pm all we need is ppl so if anyone is interested ill say it to the boss, also we have a 1 or 2mbit pipe so internet gaming will also be aswell as lan gaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Lads I was talking to Bal, last night and he said there is a very nice cafe .. err dunno where, in town any ways.. that does cs and nice spec pcs etc.. suppose to be a nice place.. the name of the cafe is The White Rabbit. Could be good to get a limerick irish gaming scene going, seeing as dublin and now cork are well in..

-adren-

the white rabbit isnt that great,there net connection is crap they say they have adsl but they dont have it yet,so i wouldnt recomend them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

i've personally found The White Rabbit's (TWR) connection n machine specs to be sufficient. (better than any of the others). As far as gaming goes, none of the places have the right atmosphere. TWR is probably better than the others..not by much. The games are only on a handful of the machines too afaik. (Installations on the machines are doable though ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Hey lads, do any of ye know if Q3 is played in any of the affore mentioned cafes? I'd be very interested if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

eurosurf is the name of the internet cafe off cruises street Ger Madden of RLO fame is behind that one. thats all I know about the place has anyone tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Sorry for dragging up a old thread and feel free to lock it or whatever (please answer my question 1st though).

I was in a internet cafe today on upper william street (a little bit up from subway), as you walk in it looks like a dvd rental sotre but in a side room they have leather seats with x box 360's and PS3's and a internet cafe, could anyone tell me the name of this place as I was very impressed with it.

thanks

Is that the one with the black coloured exterior? Don't know the name but I think it's owned by that Hannon guy and it used to sell dvds there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

For last poster, I saw an sign for an internet cafe on mallow street heading down to henry street on sunday, on the left side near that newsagents ? Only saw it as my niece poinsted out the smiley faces, lol.

Just thought that might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Peter Abs

wow.. firstly id like to say, i did NOT know i had a boards.ie account.
    and secondly im lookin for a 24 hr net cafe to print a flight ticket pretty much right now.. although.. come to think of it, i probably won't come back to check for any replys.. cheers anyways.

Advertisement