Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Program to create nonsense text?

Options
  • 29-08-2002 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone who's seen prop newspapers (like in Planet Hollywood) will know what I mean.

In the paper they normally have the first paragraph saying something normal then the rest is just all randomly generated sentances (I guess from a dictionary).

I want to do this... I can make the program myself but I'd thought I'd be lazy and see if anyone knows of one around already? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

Get a dictionary file and write a program that will spew out random words read from it. You could do it in a few minutes with VB or javascript.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

One traditional way of "greeking" text like this is to use the pseudo-latin "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet." repeatedly for as long as necessary.

Advertisement