Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

enhanced package.. what speed you get?

Options
  • 29-08-2002 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭

what is the story with eircoms dsl? I've installed it on 3 networks now (enhanced package) and the average download speed is 70KBps ? Is anyone else getting these kinda speeds on enhanced package ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Ive seen 100KBps on my own and a few others, though mainly to INEX connected sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

i was testing it on my friends multi package and he to was getting those sort of downloads with the 4 port ethernet modem however when he took out any other cables to the modem and just had one the connection speeds went up, this was due to eircon's modem actually being bridges, so they are quite prone to slowing a bit due to your network traffic, so this may be causing slower downloads if you are putting a few computer behind your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

I've configured Zyxel prestige routers which are connecting directly to 100mbps network switch's... maybe if I connect the router directly to a computer or laptop and see what speed i get, but I doubt it will make much difference as none of the computers on the network knew the IP of the gateway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

Im averaging about 90KB/s at the moment, got it up to 112KB/s while downloading linux kernels from ftp.esat.net

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by lynchie
    got it up to 112KB/s while downloading linux kernels

whats your setup lynchie, what router are you using and is it going directly to your pc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

Solwise sar703 Router --- Linux Box -- 100mb Switch -- LAN

My performance may have to do with the fact that I had a new line put in and im 50m from the exchange!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Are the speeds people are mentioning using single or multiple threads?

Advertisement