Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninja Tune Promo (HMV Gftn. St.)

Options
  • 29-08-2002 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

There is a fairly good selection of Ninja Tune material downstairs in HMV Grafton St., Dublin. Everything from Kid Koala & DJ Food to Cinematic Orchestra, all very reasonably priced too. I picked up Amon Tobin's Supermodified for €14.99 and Zen Cuts (3 CD's) for €15.99. Recommend you check it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Please tell me there are more copies of Xen Cuts there?
    Are they in Dance or Hip-Hop?
    Also my sig image is the cover to Xen Cuts, well at least cdnow would have me believe that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Please tell me there are more copies of Xen Cuts there?
    Are they in Dance or Hip-Hop?
    Also my sig image is the cover to Xen Cuts, well at least cdnow would have me believe that...
    There were about ten copies on the shelf when I was there this afternoon. It's a special Ninja Tune promotion, so they've got their own section of the shelves for the time being, it's straight to the right as you go down the stairs, you can't miss it. Yea, I noticed your Ninja Tune-esque sig before ;), didn't realise that it was the cover art for Xen Cuts though. Make sure you get your 'free' sampler cd when you buy it.

Ninja Tune sampler cd? Or is that playlist cd they are giving away with 7 tracks on it?
    "playlist dance and urban"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Nah, it's a *special* Ninja Tune sampler cd entitled 'Zentertainment' (2002). You can buy it for €6.99 or you can get it free when purchasing any of the Ninja Tune range of music. Ugh, here's the playlist... ;)

1. Cinematic Orchestra - All That You Give [ft. Fontella Bass]
    2. Herbaliser - Something Wicked This Way Comes [ft. Seaming To]
    3. Amon Tobin - Verbal
    4. Mr.Scruff - Shrimp
    5. DJ Vadim - Combustible [ft. Gift of Gab]
    6. Homelife - Speedpod
    7. Funki Porcini - The Great Drive By
    8. Diverse - Time
    9. DSP - Where Is It [ft. Ev.On.]
    10. Chris Bowden - Only Angst
    11. Cujo - Brazillianaire

It also contains QT videos of Cinematic Orchestra - All That You Give, Herbaliser - Something Wicked This Way Comes & Funki Porcini - The Great Drive By but I couldn't get them to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

xen cuts is a good album
    got in in new york ther 2 years ago
    sum crazy songs on it though

• Advertisement

Got it there today.
    Only listened to cd1 so far. Good stuff.
    I cant get those Quicktime videos on the Zentertainment cd to work either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

nice one. picked up that zentertainment cd two weeks ago (mainly for the Amon Tobin track, most of the others I have), but would have went in there if it was free as i reckon every second purchase i make is a ninjatune/big dada or ntone cd these days.

watch out for mr. scruff and amon tobins new releases this month...

oh and Makaveli.. Tower, Wicklow St. have Gun Hill Road in stock, €21.99 though (ouch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

wandered in today, from what I can remember:

15.99:
    Ninja Cuts: Funkungfusion (2cd)

14.99:
    Roots Manuva: Dub Come Save Me
    Roots Manuva: Run Come Save Me
    Cinematic Orchestra: Motion
    Cinematic Orchestra: Everyday
    Kid Koala: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
    Herbaliser: Very Mercenary
    Herbaliser: Something Wicked This Way Comes
    DJ Food: Kaleidoscope
    Solid Steel presents DJ Food & TK
    Amon Tobin: Supermodified
    Coldcut: Let Us Play

unfortunaly no Xen Cuts tho, so I got Funkungfusion, which is amazingly good (check out the Coldcut track - More Beats & Pieces.. bloody amazing), and The Herbaliser's Very Mercenary which after 3 or so listens seems a lot better than their recent offering (Something Wicked).. course now I'm left with two of the Zentertainment Sampler cds..

Originally posted by Kali
    oh and Makaveli.. Tower, Wicklow St. have Gun Hill Road in stock, €21.99 though (ouch)

Nice one.
    I reckon I'll buy it, sure that's not as expensive as most of the other cds I want in Tower.

Advertisement